Hacking SNEEK v2

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
Sometimes I can't even get the System Menu to load

How could this be related with Joyflow? Joyflow is just an application you can start. Sneek doesn't care what applications you have on your sd card or usb drive.

You could try to delete the diconfig.bin di cache file. If it's contents are corrupt or not accurate anymore, it can cause a hang during startup of sneek. It will be recreated when sneek is started. (sneek folder)

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
QUOTE said:
Sometimes I can't even get the System Menu to load

How could this be related with Joyflow? Joyflow is just an application you can start. Sneek doesn't care what applications you have on your sd card or usb drive.

You could try to delete the diconfig.bin di cache file. If it's contents are corrupt or not accurate anymore, it can cause a hang during startup of sneek. It will be recreated when sneek is started. (sneek folder)
I didn't say that it was directly related to JoYflow. Just stating the fact that JoYflow doesn't load at all, even if I can get the System Menu to load at all. I've deleted the diconfig.bin many times, which doesn't seem to affect anything. Still having issues getting SNEEK to load. I'm thinking of backing up my saves and DLC and starting over. SNEEK wouldn't even be worth all this trouble if it weren't for the fact that I can actually have EVERY DLC for the Guitar Hero and RB games on my emulated NAND.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I asume you have tried deleting the channelcache.bin as well. If you have a lot of channels installed, there is always the possibility that one of them causes problems the same way as they can cause a bannerbrick on the real nand. I am working on a method that makes it possible to hide channels for the systemmenu, but it's not finished yet. Joyflow reads in all the channels as well to show them. A bad channel might explain why that one isn't starting either. It is indeed a good idea to try with a clean nand and see if you have issues with that as well. Another thing you could try is stfour's postloader 2 which also has a good channel loader.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
I asume you have tried deleting the channelcache.bin as well. If you have a lot of channels installed, there is always the possibility that one of them causes problems the same way as they can cause a bannerbrick on the real nand. I am working on a method that makes it possible to hide channels for the systemmenu, but it's not finished yet. Joyflow reads in all the channels as well to show them. A bad channel might explain why that one isn't starting either. It is indeed a good idea to try with a clean nand and see if you have issues with that as well. Another thing you could try is stfour's postloader 2 which also has a good channel loader.
I only have the Disc, Mii, JoYflow, and Homebrew Filter Channels installed and visible.

zombie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Good day! I have some stuck with installing sneek. i'm a new one with softmod.
I acted as follows:
1. Banner Bomb+HackMii = Homebrew channel - it works fine
2. With Bootmii made a copy of Nand memory and Key file
3. With Modmii downloaded everything you need to Sneek: Nand to emulate with 4.2E systemmenu (my current version 4.0E) and DarkBlue theme
4. Copy original Bootmii directory on the hard drive and then the Copy to SD (Maked by Modmii) to SD card
5. In homebrew run Bootmii after a waiting some time appears Wii start menu, and it has DArkBlue theme as i choose in Modmii (already good). After I resync the controller, set the time / date as in the initial boot, hit A to continue.
6. Further, I only have a black screen - waiting for a long time, nothing. When you restart the wii menu (Darkblue) loads faster and only needs to press A to continue, but have a black screen again. I feel that have not enough of certain files for further loading.
P.s. I tried to use sneek original autoinstaller but have the same result.
My FS on SD:
\Bootmii
armboot.bin
bootmii.ini
ppcboot.elf
\sneek
channelcache.bin
kernel.bin
rev.txt (sneek revision r168)
\import (this nand dump created with modmii)
\meta
\shared1
\shared2
\sys
\ticket
\title
\tmp

If someone has bypassed these rakes would appreciate any advice ...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get this http://wiisixtyfour.webs.com/files/nandExtract.zip and extract the bootmii nand.bin dump you made.

put these files on the root of the sd (usb if using UNEEK). put the bootmii folder at the root of the SD card (cannot be used from USB, don't know if you made an error above).

you should have

SD:\ (or USB:\ if using UNEEK)
\bootmii
-armboot.bin
-bootmii.ini
-ppcboot.elf (this would be the file used by SNEEK)
\import
\meta
\shared1
\shared2
\sys
\ticket
\title
\tmp

Card needs to be formatted with fat32, some SD cards just do NOT work. try a different card as well. if using SNEEK +DI you need to have a games folder on SD with at least one game in there and extracted using discex.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Most likely, your problem is related to not having at least 1 extracted wii game on your usb drive. On the sneek google codepage, you can find the discex program that can be used to extract an iso into fst format. You need a games folder on your usb drive, and in that folder on or more game id subfolders. In those, you will need the extracted game data.

In case of missing nand files or folders, you would have a flashing dvd drive slot on your wii upon the black screen. It wouldn't show the initial health screen either.

Modmii can be used to convert your games as well, and scooby recently released a tool to convert different game formats.

zombie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
To VashTS:
NandExtract.exe can't find "Qtcore4.dll" to run itself. As i know Qt4 is a programming language... If anyway to run without install all Qt4 library or maybe use another program to extract my nand (or NandExtract is the best ?)

To obcd: As i know 1 extracted game needs only then using Sneek+DI or Uneek+Di. I only try sneek to ensure it's working fine and then will try to install Uneek+Di or Sneek+Di. Even so i extract 1 iso game with DiscEx and copy it to usb:
usb:\games\RMCP01
\files (folder)
\sys (folder)
\cert.bin, ticket.bin, tmd.bin
"to extract an iso into fst format" - DiscEx doing fst format ?

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
To VashTS:
NandExtract.exe can't find "Qtcore4.dll" to run itself. As i know Qt4 is a programming language... If anyway to run without install all Qt4 library or maybe use another program to extract my nand (or NandExtract is the best ?)

To obcd: As i know 1 extracted game needs only then using Sneek+DI or Uneek+Di. I only try sneek to ensure it's working fine and then will try to install Uneek+Di or Sneek+Di. Even so i extract 1 iso game with DiscEx and copy it to usb:
usb:\games\RMCP01
\files (folder)
\sys (folder)
\cert.bin, ticket.bin, tmd.bin
"to extract an iso into fst format" - DiscEx doing fst format ?

hey man get this
http://www.mediafire.com/?2w7wweqo1gh94l7

it has 2 0r 3 different nand extracting tools in it

just follow the readme file that come with the programs

if you need it i can help you out

zombie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
To scooby74029:
it woks :). Thanks a lot...(Спасибо)
ShowMiiWads and nandExtract doesn't work for me, but the nand-tool works fine. When i used my own nand with sneek files isteed of ModMii nand dump it starts perfectly.
Now i need to read about next steps: homebrew didn't work in sneek - i read somewhere about it and try to solve this problem, if not ask your help again ;)

LeonardoWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!

I used MODMii 6.1.5 to generate a 4.3U NAND that runs by UNEEK+DI.

It worked perfectly the first time, first run. But the next ones it got all crappy.

I use a Samsung G2 Portable 500GB HD. All formated right... It works whenever it wants to. 10% of the times. Simple as that, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Within the same HD, same Wii, same SD... I just don't know why this is happening.

When it doesn't works, it just show a black screen in my tv and nothing left happens, the dvd drive stays off. When it works, just flash those random and normal green flashes at the screen and boots the NAND perfectly... The game in USB? Runs perfectly too. The problem are the channels. JoyFlow doesn't work, PostLoaderChannel either...

Ah, f*ck. My english sucks, I just wanted to know what can I do to make this work, as If there was a choice.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there,

A few notes:
1. modmii uses neek2o for default (unless that's changed recently). That's a mod on uneek+di. It probably won't differ much, but would you please search for the options to make sure it's off?
2. how are you starting uneek+di? bootmii @ boot2? As an IOS? Through a channel?

My theory on the latter is that some hard disk take a while to initialise, so when you boot it directly from your wii, bootmii will have done a check for the hard drive, didn't found it, and proceeded as if it wasn't there. You can find the long version of this info somewhere in the middle of this page.
(keep in mind: I have no idea if that is neek2o specific or applies to sneek as well...or that the theory is correct to begin with).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto