Homebrew Smealum, Creator of Portal DS/Aperture Science, has hacked the 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you rather if the exploit was out in the open so that it can be patched within a pictosecond?

The average user has no way of utilizing it in a creative fashion, there's no reason to post it without any organized library structure around. The users who are supposed to know about it clearly know about it.

well to be real it probably already is patched, it probably only works on 4.5 like gateway ,yellows8 and the lightenup hack

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather know that people are actively working to hack the 3DS, even if they don't release their work right away. I'd rather know that, let's say, Comex jailbroke iOS 7 but Cydia doesn't work - what if he released the exploit and root access without Cydia? 99.999% of people wouldn't care; let them finish what they're doing.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what's the point of posting this? Just keep this to yourself and don't stir up useless threads.

What do you expect? These things take time. It's not like someone has a homebrew channel all coded and ready to go and all they need is an exploit.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well to be real it probably already is patched, it probably only works on 4.5 like gateway ,yellows8 and the lightenup hack
I keep hearing people say this but no one provides a reference, yes the exploit doesn't work just by itself running it on a firmware higher than 4.5, but who's to say this wasn't just due to a memory offset inadvertently changing since as far as I'm aware, the ds profile crash is still possible in current firmware? Therefore nothing to prevent them from making gateway work on 6.1 for example, they could modify the exploit on their card to not work with 4.1-4.5 and to work with 6.1 instead.

sanin6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of posting the topic if it isn't going to be released
I mean It might be news to some but really doesn't do any good besides
Teasing other peers I could be wrong tho.. :P

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said in his blog that he was trying to find different ways to run unsigned code by using bugs in DS games. The other game that he had been using was FIFA Street 2.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm hopeful and thankful for the chance of a 3DS hack coming soon, but I'm growing really tired of these "hackers" who hack a system, and never release other work, just to be a dick. Its one thing to find an exploit and keep it hush hush until its ready, but its another thing to tease with proof, and never release the hack. Yes, I'm singling you out, fail0verflow.

Reactions: sanin6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q