Gaming Smash Brothers Dairantou X Help/Instruction Thread

svaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
heey,
i juz read this cuz i cant get it to work, but i noticed its cuz u need to set the wii or the game regionfree...
i believe u need a GC controller to get the wii region override on with the 1,3 config disc, but i cant patch the iso with regionfrii either.... givs some error?

so... can anyone help??
ive played this game in the Nintendo 64 and its awsome
smile.gif

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heey,
i juz read this cuz i cant get it to work, but i noticed its cuz u need to set the wii or the game regionfree...
i believe u need a GC controller to get the wii region override on with the 1,3 config disc, but i cant patch the iso with regionfrii either.... givs some error?

so... can anyone help??
ive played this game in the Nintendo 64 and its awsome
smile.gif

i believe you can use the buttons on the wii itself (reset) to turn the options on or off.

glazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated my first post with some new info and questions I've found in this thread.
Any non directly related Smash Bros news is and will not be added to the first page, since it will get too chaotic and this thread is mostly just to clear things up, since so many people are asking the same questions over and over again. You can still ask them though.

@ Gazza. Did you burn it on a normal DVD like you do with all your backups? Did you try to check a few more games to see if this error comes up (especially backups)?

Yes mate burnt 4x as normal useing nero..going to try some more media ltr today will update later for sure guys.

Lyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okey, awesome. That's one problem out of the way. Now, about the double channels; is there a way toavoid it, an if yes, how?

1) I burned two copies of the game, both at 4x on Memorex DVD-R: 1 was a straight burn, the other had been patched by BrickBlocker 1.3, available here: http://rockman.18.free.fr/img/WiiBrickBlocker_v1_3.rar

2) I then inserted the STRAIGHT copy of SSBB into my Wii, and I was prompted for an update. (This update would have given me the dual channels and other problems if I had let it reach 100%)

3) I started the update, but then at around 15%, when the update bar was under the "w" of "Power," I unplugged my console.

4) I then re-plugged my console, and inserted the BrickBlocked DVD of SSBB. The game works using this disc.

Note: after using this method, throw out you copy that is NOT BrickBlocked, because it is useless.

also make sure you have used the 1.3 config disk to turn on region free after you do the 1.9g update.

plugged = turn off?
replugged= turn on?

EDIT: there is a good video http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=lPzvSvCV-gA
biggrin.gif

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this topic. its answers a lot of questions!

Has anyone found a translation of the single player menu's? Its not in the IGN faq translations and I have no idea what im doing
smile.gif

From the top of my head, I believe it's:

Big left -> Adventure (playable until after credits)
Big right -> SSE (Not playable except for first stage)

Then there are 3 tinier ones below the big ones, I can't really remember what they were right now, but I do know, that clicking them, won't crash your Wii
wink.gif

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't mind translating them...but I'm busy playing the game.

It's something like

Single Player
Classic Adventure
Event Bonus (Target test, home run, wireframe guys) Training

garyla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to ask, for the metroid method, I would have:
1 brawl iso with brickblocker ALONE?
1 brawl iso with no patching applied?
Region override turned on in 1.3 config disc?

And finally, is there any real threat if pulling the power at 15%?
semi-brick?
brick?

Thanks in advance

yes that is correct.

as for the 15%, im not really sure myself. theres some leeway for the 15% trick. you should be fine if you just unplug when you see the bar reach the "w" in "Power".

And this is confirmed on, PAL , WiiKey 1.9g , Firmware 3.1E ??

Thanks

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions:

1- Can we play on a Wiifree without Yaosm update?

Thanks
smile.gif

1. If it was able to play Mario Galaxy, then yes. Just follow the steps on my first post in this thread

It's because I bought the game, it's all right?

I'm not too sure then.. It won't brick your wii, since you have the latest firmware on your Wii already, but I'm not too familair with Yaosm to know if you're able to play a backup of Mario Galaxy or Smash Bros without the #001 Error.

*Edit: Or did you mean you bought Smash Bros? Cause then there might still be a problem with the dual layer. I'd suggest you wait until someone who knows more about yaosm can answer your question, since all I can do is speculate, sorry

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys when i put the non bricblocked version in the wii first it just does the same thing it just ticks over in the drive then i get blak screen with the same error message on it..wont let me run the update nor nothing even turned on 50hz mode in the options also..can i download a jap 3.1 update anywhere ??

Burnt my 2 copies at 4x traxdate dvdr-r disks.

did you try patching the iso with RegionFrii?

Chopders

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Two questions:

1- Can we play on a Wiifree without Yaosm update?

Thanks
smile.gif

1. If it was able to play Mario Galaxy, then yes. Just follow the steps on my first post in this thread

It's because I bought the game, it's all right?

I'm not too sure then.. It won't brick your wii, since you have the latest firmware on your Wii already, but I'm not too familair with Yaosm to know if you're able to play a backup of Mario Galaxy or Smash Bros without the #001 Error.

*Edit: Or did you mean you bought Smash Bros? Cause then there might still be a problem with the dual layer. I'd suggest you wait until someone who knows more about yaosm can answer your question, since all I can do is speculate, sorry

No, I bought Super Mario Galaxy. But I don't have the Yaosm update yet, I need to wait few days before I can do it, so I simply deserved to know if I can play it right now
smile.gif

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need a GC controller. press RESET to move down the list and HOLD reset to enter a menu (or set it on etc)

:/

if i push reset it juz resets the wii >.>
i did use the 1,9g update with the reset...

but i got the GCOS one, is there an other one??

really? thats weird... its always worked for me on all the chipped consoles i have done.

always have worked for mine too...i guess you could always find a GC controller

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival