Homebrew Making Wii channels for ROMs?

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets use Duck Hunt NES as an example. I am curious about doing this with 2 methods, but don't know which would be easier and which would work better. Thank you everyone!

The first is to create my own WiiWare using injection tools for Duck Hunt.
  • Positives: Idk
  • Issues: seems like ALOT of work per ROM and no guarantee the end result will play good or emulate Wii remote controls, might be an entirely diferent process for NES games compared to N64 games.
  • Questions: Does anyone have a download library of premade custom WiiWares that were made with injection tools?

The second is to use a single ROM loader and somehow create a channel on the home menu that uses the Duck Hunt artwork.
  • Positives: Not too much work at first, get single rom loader for homebrew and drag and drop ROM you want. Probably the same process for different kinds of ROMS like NES and N64 will follow the same process.
  • Issues: Creating the channel forwarder for the single rom loader using duck hunt art. there arent clear instructions on how to do it
  • Questions: Does anyone have a tutorial for accomplishing what I want with a single ROM loader and Duck Hunt artwork channel?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: cadeswii and Flame

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thank you
This one is detailed and it explains how to make a custom Wii channel for your Single ROM Loaders: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...ls-of-your-favorite-retro-games-d-wii.602640/
Post automatically merged:

This one is detailed and it explains how to make a custom Wii channel for your Single ROM Loaders: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...ls-of-your-favorite-retro-games-d-wii.602640/
Im sorry but by chance would you have a zip with a single rom loader for Super Mario 64 and a channel forwarder for it as a test. I want to see if this is something I like before I spend my time doing others. I can move my own z64 rom over you don't need to include that. Thank you! I see your name all over these threads.

Last edited by cadeswii,
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Awesome thank you

Post automatically merged:

Im sorry but by chance would you have a zip with a single rom loader for Super Mario 64 and a channel forwarder for it as a test. I want to see if this is something I like before I spend my time doing others. I can move my own z64 rom over you don't need to include that. Thank you! I see your name all over these threads.

Sorry but because of GBAtemp rules i can't share those "warez" here, but you can look for my YouTube channel and check my latest videos and links where i showcase many of my VC iNJECTS and SRLs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto