Hacking Smash Bros post Update unlock DLC?

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well for now only texture mods are public
vertex mods are private atm
css expansion and costumes expansion are possible too
so i think this shouldnt take as long as brawl for full imports
I just want a new brawlvault and a equivalent for Alternate Stage Loader again and i will play the solid fudge out of Sm4sh again

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

JamesLieko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a video done a while back using cafiine, so people have looked into it and it is possible.
I really hate this video. I've seen too many "soon" or "IOSU Exploit coming anyway" videos now. Mate, if you don't plan on actually letting people have access then stop showing it off.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I really hate this video. I've seen too many "soon" or "IOSU Exploit coming anyway" videos now. Mate, if you don't plan on actually letting people have access then stop showing it off.
Calm down, can we finally get back to actually treating each others like humans? xD what is wrong with a PoC video? Just because you are jealous of people who have access (i dont have either)

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

JamesLieko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down, can we finally get back to actually treating each others like humans? xD what is wrong with a PoC video? Just because you are jealous of people who have access (i dont have either)
I'm curious as to how you read my post. Did you read it like I was screaming or something? I'm not furious or anything like that, just heavily annoyed at PoC videos for hacks that you don't plan on ever releasing to the general public. That's not helping anyone, it's just teasing them. "Hey, see this thing you guys really want? I made it! Oh, wait. You wanted it to USE? Nahhhh."

EDIT: And it's completely different if it's just a project that never comes to fruition, or they planned on releasing but something else rendered it obsolete. It's just hella annoying when they have no plans at any point to release it but show it off anyway. At that point it's just for attention.

Last edited by JamesLieko,
Reactions: LoganK93

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious as to how you read my post. Did you read it like I was screaming or something? I'm not furious or anything like that, just heavily annoyed at PoC videos for hacks that you don't plan on ever releasing to the general public. That's not helping anyone, it's just teasing them. "Hey, see this thing you guys really want? I made it! Oh, wait. You wanted it to USE? Nahhhh."

EDIT: And it's completely different if it's just a project that never comes to fruition, or they planned on releasing but something else rendered it obsolete. It's just hella annoying when they have no plans at any point to release it but show it off anyway. At that point it's just for attention.
I agree. I'd love to be able to mod smash without having to buy a 300$ Wii u just for firmware. Has he said there's no release plan?

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

Personally I don't care if someone made an exploit and use it privately, but bragging about it out in the public without any plans of public releases (due to 'piracy') is just childish

Reactions: JamesLieko

JamesLieko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I'd love to be able to mod smash without having to buy a 300$ Wii u just for firmware. Has he said there's no release plan?
The description of the video has him saying that he doesn't plan on putting it out because "IOSU exploit is coming soon". Right. Soon. I'm sure it is.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The description of the video has him saying that he doesn't plan on putting it out because "IOSU exploit is coming soon". Right. Soon. I'm sure it is.
Because of an assumption that ANYONE was sure of. Like i said in other posts, people may stop thinking that anyone making a hack for any reason owes them ANYTHING just for not releasing it. I didnt read anything as angry at all, but just the mere fact that people complain about a kind of video that used to be normal and interesting just because santa didn't deliver us our wellearned toys is what annoys me. And before anyone answers me i would really love to NOT have a debate over this in this thread, send me a PM if you need to.

JamesLieko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of an assumption that ANYONE was sure of. Like i said in other posts, people may stop thinking that anyone making a hack for any reason owes them ANYTHING just for not releasing it. I didnt read anything as angry at all, but just the mere fact that people complain about a kind of video that used to be normal and interesting just because santa didn't deliver us our wellearned toys is what annoys me. And before anyone answers me i would really love to NOT have a debate over this in this thread, send me a PM if you need to.
If you don't want to discuss something, don't reply. This thread no longer has anything to do with its original purpose and I'm requesting that a moderator to lock or delete it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu