Hardware Others Error 165-7457 on the gamepad when attempting to use Amiibo?

PGSK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Okay, so... let me start off by asking: has anyone ever seen this error before? I swear I searched far and wide, even asked myself in a bunch of places and no one seems to have an idea as to what's going on here.

The closest I've got was that the NFC board might be detached and needs to be re-attached, though 1.) that does not appear to be the case and 2.) even if it was, according to the few people I've seen experience that, it should be producing Error 165-6596 not 165-7457.

Last but not least, it's actually an NTSC-U gamepad (that I got along with a broken NTSC-U console) initially linked to a replacement PAL console using UDPIH, then later re-linked through Aroma (which contains the DRC Region Free plugin) just to see if that'd change anything, which it doesn't.

So it seems to me the only 2 possibilities are either that the NFC chip and/or antenna is broken and needs to be replaced, or there's some software issue perhaps related to the fact I have a different region gamepad which technically wasn't "updated" since I'm pretty sure both UDPIH and the DRC Region Free plugin just skip past that part completely (which might also explain why there's other odd things happening like the sensor bar not automatically turning on in Wii mode, even though it clearly works since a plugin is able to force it on and the Home LED pretty much never lighting up, even though it has a couple times in the past so it shouldn't be broken or anything)... either way, it'd be great if there was a way to figure out what exactly is causing this so that there's at least some documentation about this error available, seeing as there seems to be none at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Attachments

• Wii U Gamepad - Error 165-7457.png
    Wii U Gamepad - Error 165-7457.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 48
  • Wii U Gamepad - Inside (Full).png
    Wii U Gamepad - Inside (Full).png
    9.4 MB · Views: 46
  • Wii U Gamepad - Inside (NFC Chip).png.png
    Wii U Gamepad - Inside (NFC Chip).png.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 30
Last edited by PGSK,