Hacking Smash Bros header? Works online but not with my header...

Titania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
open it up in gateway rom patcher 0.6 :) post a screenshot of what you see
As i said already, i've a japanese 3ds.

First image should be the "chinese first" dump, and the second is caravan dump (i also tried to rename the "chinese" one .3dz, but still can't go online. I also tried caravan dump as it is, still can't go online. I also tried to change the first one into "manufacturer: macronix, and it created this chip id: C2F88090. Still, can't go online anyway...)

140ya6e.jpg

2nqtum9.jpg

About the game, i can see 1.0.1 in the bottom right corner, so i guess i patched that correctly

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
This may be off-topic for this thread, but is it possible to share saves for this game? Is it Nand-based, or can we just swap 'em?

I don't want to do work to unlock the characters, I just want them. If it's possible to share saves, does anyone have a completed save file?

EDIT: Save game request thread, derp. :rolleyes:

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be off-topic for this thread, but is it possible to share saves for this game? Is it Nand-based, or can we just swap 'em?

I don't want to do work to unlock the characters, I just want them. If it's possible to share saves, does anyone have a completed save file?

EDIT: Save game request thread, derp. :rolleyes:

Work? Just play 120 matches.

Zent

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: Found the game.
*Offtopic*Was wondering why the hell my 8 gb micro sd, has rune factory which occupies 2gb but i can't put bravely default in (4gb) which would make 6gb. Anyone has any lights on this ?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Titania hmm... i'm sorry about that... so, you have that 'chinese' dump, and leaving it untouched, but making it .3dz, you cannot go online?
i really do not know...

all i can say is use a header that you know works, and try all 3 chip manufacturers... good luck

kelvintoogood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't wanna open a new thread for this but I also dont wanna hijack this thread either. But if you dont mind, can anyone let me know if it's possible to inject an update into a rom? Or is really impossible(like never been done before) to attach an update to a game in a situation where you cant access the update due to different e-shops? Should I not hold my breath to play japanese Smash online with an American 3DS running Gateway? Much appreciated.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I didn't wanna open a new thread for this but I also dont wanna hijack this thread either. But if you dont mind, can anyone let me know if it's possible to inject an update into a rom? Or is really impossible(like never been done before) to attach an update to a game in a situation where you cant access the update due to different e-shops? Should I not hold my breath to play japanese Smash online with an American 3DS running Gateway? Much appreciated.
injecting a update....no not currently,who knows if it might happen at some point....while its probably technically possible, it would likely need to be implemented by gateway to allow people to install .cia files (updates) manually

Reactions: kelvintoogood

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I understand. Thanks for replying!
unfortunately i doubt gateway will ever go down the route of letting people install .cia files, as people would then pretty much be able to install games and not need the gateway card.........but who knows time will tell, there is also the whole modded roms thing happening, which could potentially lead to manually updated roms, but again with that its not possible to decrypt 7.x encrypted games...so it wouldn't work with smash bros even if it was possible

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i mean, if anyone was going to put the work in, why do it for this game? it will be released internationally very soon. it's not like monster hunter 4 where it's more than a year (for the updated version)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with you. This is my first smash experience properly, tried it on GC at a friends but never got into it, going to make an effort with this one, I can't get the hang of the controls at all though I'm really struggling, It's still fun though! can't wait for the EU/USA one.

I agree as well, I have played Smash before on the Wii but I'm not a veteran at all I just think its a matter of alot of quick button bashing and just jammy timing along with it! :)

Reactions: Doran754

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
what i really liked about melee was the target practice, it was different for each character, i don't think on brawl that it was like that, and here it does not even exist.
and melee had cool modes to play on, like lightning mode or something, and everyone was 2x the speed. there are not as many options now. (i hardly played brawl so i'm not sure waht that was like)
it's a bit like the 'worms' games, the newer ones have much less options. :(
still- the game it lots of fun, very cool that you can customize your character (not just a mii) and give them different moves

Titania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also just tried an "already online patched" rom (but you still need to download 1.0.1 of course), but still don't work, i still get the "error code 001-0502", WHY?!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
what i really liked about melee was the target practice, it was different for each character, i don't think on brawl that it was like that, and here it does not even exist.
and melee had cool modes to play on, like lightning mode or something, and everyone was 2x the speed. there are not as many options now. (i hardly played brawl so i'm not sure waht that was like)
it's a bit like the 'worms' games, the newer ones have much less options. :(
still- the game it lots of fun, very cool that you can customize your character (not just a mii) and give them different moves

I just cannot believe there is no tournament mode vs CPU for 1 player mode. Why did they not incorporate that in the game???, I think the classics and just 1Vs1 gets a little monotonous after a while. That's my only niggle about SSB on the 3DS, not enough to keep the 1 player on its own happy, I think you start to get a bit side tracked off the game after a while without online capabilities. :(

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
all star mode was tough for me, i couldn't finish it on normal mode, but maybe i have improved since yesterday, i think it's just because i'm better with DK than ness :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol