H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really, really altered moveset.

seriously cannot be removed

Limit bitch time to three chances per life, specials cause Bayo self-damage if they don't connect, up her frame-count for most moves, shield option is reduced by .05 seconds, bullets fire in a three-pattern (not shape-wise; shots) with a cooling of two seconds, take her bitch-twist-kick combo down a few notches, while making the continuation of a combo string, a charged gunshot, and make her the second or third heaviest character--those tits and that ass have weight.

But hey, I'm no Sakurai.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate that I can't set custom rules for my custom stages. If I want to make a course in a box, I want everyone to start with 300% damage and spawn only bob-ombs. I dont want to have to set that manually. Then you can never have the stage come up naturally in a random group of friends.

I hate all the FE characters, 6 is just ludicrous.

I hate the Travis Touchdown isnt in the games, but Cloud is? Wat?

I pretty much hate the direction of a more "free for all and winning is luck" attitude the devs took after Melee. Sure melee could have luck based wins too but winning in anything after that seems arbitrary.

I hate the art style of post Melee smash as well.

I hate that single player in BrUthers was garbage.

I hated the classic campaign with its weird ass board game system.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hated the classic campaign with its weird ass board game system.

You forgot to hate the fact the fuckin' 3DS had the closest thing to Emissary, which would have been phenomenal on Wii U, while the "Phony-opoly" would have been expected, yet deserved on 3DS.

Reasons for Switchbrothers™.

Reactions: BORTZ

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clones, they take up slots and are just lazy programming.
sakurai literally said that clones don't take up slots and are just more content, if they weren't in the game, then the slot they occupied would be empty
why is this attitude still a thing it's been debunked a trillion times

"There are three clones on the roster. Initially they were created as alternates, but during development they started to develop their own individual traits related to balancing, so we ended up making them different characters in order to separate their records. However, it was of the utmost importance that the workload on the project was not increased. They wouldn’t make it in if balancing had to be done from the start, so they were balanced relative to their original.

Lucina is Marth but with different properties on her sword. Dark Pit is nearly identical to Pit, but his side-B and Final Smash are different, so they ended up becoming separate character records. If Doctor Mario was the exact same as Mario, it would probably upset fans of the old Doctor Mario, so we included customs that can be used to make him more like he was in the past, if you would like.

To make an analogy, it’s as if you were prepared a luxurious, extravagant meal where the cost wasn’t a factor, and on top of that, you were served a free, worthwhile dessert. If this happened at a restaurant, I don’t think any patrons would make a ruckus and say, “change this to the main course!!”

However, this does happen with Smash. I understand that children may not understand the situation, which might be unavoidable. But can you please leave decisions regarding production to me? No matter how you think about it, it’s already a game that’s a bargain."
~
Sakurai Masahiro

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sakurai literally said that clones don't take up slots and are just more content, if they weren't in the game, then the slot they occupied would be empty
why is this attitude still a thing it's been debunked a trillion times

"There are three clones on the roster. Initially they were created as alternates, but during development they started to develop their own individual traits related to balancing, so we ended up making them different characters in order to separate their records. However, it was of the utmost importance that the workload on the project was not increased. They wouldn’t make it in if balancing had to be done from the start, so they were balanced relative to their original.

Lucina is Marth but with different properties on her sword. Dark Pit is nearly identical to Pit, but his side-B and Final Smash are different, so they ended up becoming separate character records. If Doctor Mario was the exact same as Mario, it would probably upset fans of the old Doctor Mario, so we included customs that can be used to make him more like he was in the past, if you would like.

To make an analogy, it’s as if you were prepared a luxurious, extravagant meal where the cost wasn’t a factor, and on top of that, you were served a free, worthwhile dessert. If this happened at a restaurant, I don’t think any patrons would make a ruckus and say, “change this to the main course!!”

However, this does happen with Smash. I understand that children may not understand the situation, which might be unavoidable. But can you please leave decisions regarding production to me? No matter how you think about it, it’s already a game that’s a bargain."
~
Sakurai Masahiro

Yes, because Dark Pit was truly a necessary addition. It was only done to save resources and not increase the workload, i.e. cutting corners. They should have at least added a different move set. Lucas is a Ness clone with ice magic, Dr. Mario is Mario with pills instead of fireballs. Yeah, get rid of Dark Pit at least and Corrin.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, because Dark Pit was truly a necessary addition. It was only done to save resources and not increase the workload, i.e. cutting corners. They should have at least added a different move set. Lucas is a Ness clone with ice magic, Dr. Mario is Mario with pills instead of fireballs. Yeah, get rid of Dark Pit at least and Corrin.
My initial comment was literally "let's hope they have new movesets." Your response to that was that they take up slots. I made it plain that they do not take up slots. Now you're saying they should be removed because their movesets are cloned.

Let's hope that the game is full of varied, interesting content. I hope that previous clones are given more attention, so that this time around, characters that are interesting and cool can have more distinct "personalities," if you will. I don't want any characters removed, when we could, instead, double down on them and make them worthy additions to the game. The Mii fighter idea was cool, but the implementation wasn't the best. Hopefully, it'll be improved and still available in Smash Switch, with new mechanics and expanded customization.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs