Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i've a really annoying issue with sm4sh explorer, when i try to compile, i must every time delete my release folder before, if i don't delete, it crashes, and sometimes, even if i delete the folder it crashes, could you fix that ? i've a french message, the translation is "the directory isn't empty" it would be awesome to correct that

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
Windows is saying it has a torjan in it

"We found [Torjan:Win32/Spursint.Alcl] in [Sm4shFileExplorer.exe]. Restart your PC to remove it."

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-26_15-11-47.png
    upload_2016-5-26_15-11-47.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 244
  • upload_2016-5-26_15-12-28.png
    upload_2016-5-26_15-12-28.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 277

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've a really annoying issue with sm4sh explorer, when i try to compile, i must every time delete my release folder before, if i don't delete, it crashes, and sometimes, even if i delete the folder it crashes, could you fix that ? i've a french message, the translation is "the directory isn't empty" it would be awesome to correct that
Its a lock on a file/files by your windows, maybe a third party program is causing that. I dont know. I can make the crash look nicer, but if the folders/files are locked there isnt much I can do to my knowledge. Ill check.
EDIT: I read some threads about this issue and how it can typically happens with some antivirus and other softwares. I tried to use one of the recommended solutions and it will be included in next version.

Windows is saying it has a torjan in it

"We found [Torjan:Win32/Spursint.Alcl] in [Sm4shFileExplorer.exe]. Restart your PC to remove it."
Almost nobody has a virus alert. I have no idea why only a few people are getting an alert.
Also can you CRC those files, want to make sure you dont have an actual virus that edits them.
Again, in doubt, you can always compile the code yourself.

Last edited by deinonychus71,

buzzardarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
True. So there has to be a way to fix that problem with the other stages somewhere.

I noticed on the sm4shexplorer treeview that if you go to data > param > stage you'll find "MarioMaker_f_stdat.bin". Strangely, it's the only stage with such a file there. Might have something to do with that?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I finally got the mods running just when I was about to go crazy from the constant splash screen freeze. I knew I was missing 1 small thing considering my game is dumped with the latest 288 update. Little did I know DDD Dumper doesn't automatically dump the entirety of the meta folder and thus that alone was causing the freezing after exporting the mods. Reading the Log file confirmed that since it couldn't locate the meta.xml. Good thing I had JNust-tool to download updates that provide the full meta files. Now to learn how to add extra character slots :)

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I finally got the mods running just when I was about to go crazy from the constant splash screen freeze. I knew I was missing 1 small thing considering my game is dumped with the latest 288 update. Little did I know DDD Dumper doesn't automatically dump the entirety of the meta folder and thus that alone was causing the freezing after exporting the mods. Reading the Log file confirmed that since it couldn't locate the meta.xml. Good thing I had JNust-tool to download updates that provide the full meta files. Now to learn how to add extra character slots :)

You should always do things step by step, get the game working, get the game working with no-mod rebuilt resources, get the game working with one mod, etc.

Reactions: MasterJ360

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should always do things step by step, get the game working, get the game working with no-mod rebuilt resources, get the game working with one mod, etc.
yeah my main issue was that all this time I had been using outdated tools such as Uwizard and was using the old smash4explore v.4. So many outdated tutorials on youtube and most of them fail to link source this thread, but thats what a google IQ is for lol, but after double checking the first post I wasn't too sure about having the meta.xml and thats what solved my issue

porcaro0395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with Sm4shmusic. I keep getting this error:
Error while Initializing VGMStream: Unable to load DLL 'libvgmstream': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
WARN Warning: VGMStream can't load 'C:\Users\Anthony\Desktop\Dump\Desktop\SmashDump\vol\content\sound\bgm\snd_bgm_CRS02_Senjyou.nus3bank'. Either the file isn't a real nus3bank (bad!) or VGMStream failed to load (won't matter).
I can't edit music on it because of this. How do you fix this issue?

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i've resolved my problem of the "non empty folder" error, i've deleted the xml and recreated one, now the error doesn't appear again

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh... I've brought this up before, but I'll do it again. Has anyone been having issues with Suzaku Castle at all? 2/3 songs play just speed up versions of other songs.

One song I added (titled "Ryu Stage- Mega Man Remix") plays a sped up version of the Ken Stage's Type B that's sped up. (It's literally sped up two times as fast than the real version.) Has anyone ever had this issue at all?

PlasmoidThunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a problem with Sm4shmusic. I keep getting this error:
Error while Initializing VGMStream: Unable to load DLL 'libvgmstream': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
WARN Warning: VGMStream can't load 'C:\Users\Anthony\Desktop\Dump\Desktop\SmashDump\vol\content\sound\bgm\snd_bgm_CRS02_Senjyou.nus3bank'. Either the file isn't a real nus3bank (bad!) or VGMStream failed to load (won't matter).
I can't edit music on it because of this. How do you fix this issue?
Download the Sm4shExplorer beta from the OP.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I guess I got another question... I guess. Ever since I upgraded to the version with the VGStream fix, my songs that were recognized before still don't have their time slots displayed for some reason. Newer slots work fine, just the ones that were in the older version don't...

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a handful of mods right now, and I exported the mods and they work. If I close SmashExplorer, do I lose all the progress and have to start over if I want to add something?

I'm on a Mac, and I'm using Parallels so I technically could just pause Windows and come back to it later, but if it SmashExplorer were to crash, would I be screwed?

Last edited by MarinaTentacles,

jewlecho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I guess I got another question... I guess. Ever since I upgraded to the version with the VGStream fix, my songs that were recognized before still don't have their time slots displayed for some reason. Newer slots work fine, just the ones that were in the older version don't...

After closing sm4sh explorer, your workspace remains. You wont need to re-add your mods every time.

porcaro0395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few more questions. Is there a way to just make a nus3bank without assigning it to a certain song in Smash Bros. in brawlcustommusic and get a snd_bgm_ to pop up in front of it?
And when i try using the cmd to make an idsp into a nus3bank, it gives me "Index error: list index out of range. How do i go about preventing this from happening?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy