Hardware Sleep Mode makes the PSP shut down.

-Hero-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, every time I make the PSP go in Sleep Mode, it turns off completely rather than saving my progress to resume it later, it's always fully charged too.

It's a PSP 3000 w/ CFW 6.20 PRO-C2.

Is there some sort of fix for this?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm relatively certain this is a hardware issue, but try something relatively basic first: delete the seplugins folder from your PSP and reinstall the CFW from scratch. This will help eliminate the possibility that a rogue plugin is at fault. If that doesn't help, well, unfortunately, it's likely a hardware issue that will only be remedied by actually opening the PSP, figuring out what precisely is wrong with the switch, and replacing pieces as needed.

To note, I had a bit of a lemon of a PSP I bought with the same issue (among others). I never was able to properly diagnose all of its issues, but I was reasonably certain that due to the nonfunctional UMD drive, the PSP had likely been dropped while in sleep and something broke by the power switch.

Reactions: -Hero-

-Hero-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I guess this is a hardware problem since I did what you said, not going to bother opening it.

Thanks for the answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up