Sleep Mode makes the PSP shut down.

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by -Hero-, Apr 28, 2015.

1. -Hero-
    OP

-Hero- Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2012
    United States
    As the title says, every time I make the PSP go in Sleep Mode, it turns off completely rather than saving my progress to resume it later, it's always fully charged too.

It's a PSP 3000 w/ CFW 6.20 PRO-C2.

Is there some sort of fix for this?

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    You sure you slided the power switch quickly only? not keeping it held? Because that shouldn't happen for sure :huh:

3. -Hero-
    OP

-Hero- Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2012
    United States
    Obviously.

It still turns off, I'm not joking either.

I had a PSP 1000 before and it didn't have this problem.

4. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I would want to help you, but I never heard of this kind of issues :wacko: sorry. I hope you find a solution.

5. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    I'm relatively certain this is a hardware issue, but try something relatively basic first: delete the seplugins folder from your PSP and reinstall the CFW from scratch. This will help eliminate the possibility that a rogue plugin is at fault. If that doesn't help, well, unfortunately, it's likely a hardware issue that will only be remedied by actually opening the PSP, figuring out what precisely is wrong with the switch, and replacing pieces as needed.

To note, I had a bit of a lemon of a PSP I bought with the same issue (among others). I never was able to properly diagnose all of its issues, but I was reasonably certain that due to the nonfunctional UMD drive, the PSP had likely been dropped while in sleep and something broke by the power switch.

-Hero- likes this.
  6. -Hero-
    OP

-Hero- Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2012
    United States
    Yeah I guess this is a hardware problem since I did what you said, not going to bother opening it.

Thanks for the answer.