God of War keeps shutting my PSP down

Remarka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
So I bought a new PSP from Japan, and everything seems to be working fine except for the GOW games (both Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta). I tried variously ISOs, USA shuts down my PSP after the first intro screen, and the European one after I select difficulty and the cutscene is about to start. Finally, for the Ghost of Sparta the same thing happens but after the cutscene.
I initially thought that it might be corrupted game images, but I'm not sure anymore. The PSP model is 3000, I've updated the system to 6.61 and I tried both PRO C2 and LME. I played around with the drivers, still in vain. The memory card is 16GB Memory Stick PRO HG Duo, tried formating it and resetting my system, but the result is the same.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I had similar issue (hard shutdown on ISO launch) with another game (Ys 1 & 2 I think) on my PSP 2000 modded with ME 6.60 CFW. This was fixed by entering CFW recovery mode (holding R during PSP power up) and in configuration, changing the ISO driver (no UMD) to Inferno instead of default one (M33 I think) . Hope it helps.

So I bought a new PSP from Japan, and everything seems to be working fine except for the GOW games (both Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta). I tried variously ISOs, USA shuts down my PSP after the first intro screen, and the European one after I select difficulty and the cutscene is about to start. Finally, for the Ghost of Sparta the same thing happens but after the cutscene.
I initially thought that it might be corrupted game images, but I'm not sure anymore. The PSP model is 3000, I've updated the system to 6.61 and I tried both PRO C2 and LME. I played around with the drivers, still in vain. The memory card is 16GB Memory Stick PRO HG Duo, tried formating it and resetting my system, but the result is the same.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had similar issue (hard shutdown on ISO launch) with another game (Ys 1 & 2 I think) on my PSP 2000 modded with ME 6.60 CFW. This was fixed by entering CFW recovery mode (holding R during PSP power up) and in configuration, changing the ISO driver (no UMD) to Inferno instead of default one (M33 I think) . Hope it helps.
Same here, inferno is superior to the other drivers and has given me no problems.

SacredMilkOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I recommend the 9660 driver but- you may also find it helpful to change your locality in configuration from Japan/Default to Debug II. Did any of the suggestions above help you out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: