Skyward Sword vWii issue.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Renereaper, May 26, 2015.

1. Renereaper
    OP

Renereaper Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2015
    United States
    I can't get this game to work properly.
    I'm using WBFS manager, a partitioned external HDD, NeoGamma (Loads the game, freezes at specific points.), WiiFlow (Loads the game, freezes at specific points.), and USBLoaderGX (Presents error #001 Unauthorized device has been detected.)
    I've tried various settings like turning on block IOS reload and have tried both USB ports. I've tried different ISO's.
    I've tried IOS 249 of all of the mentioned loaders and 250.
    I've also searched all over the net for a solution and have yet to find one that addresses my issues.
    Any help is appreciated. If you need more info feel free to ask.

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I found your problem XD

In all seriousness, don't use WBFS manager, it's buggy as heck. If you aren't ripping your games with a USB loader, use Wii Backup Manager instead. Also, if your drive is formatted as WBFS, change it to FAT32 with this program

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    In order of likelihood of solving your problem:
    Update your cIOS to d2x v10 beta52 (base 56 on slot 249 and base 57 on slot 250)
    Update your USB Loader.
    Try a different dump of the game.
    Change the error 002 fix in the loader to Anti if it isn't already (it should be)

While you're at it, convert your HDD to FAT32, WBFS is unreliable and can corrupt games when you add new ones, plus doesn't work with GameCube games or other homebrew. WBFS has been obsolete for a long time now. It can be converted in seconds with this tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wbfs2fat-py.291320/ and then use Wii Backup Manager to manage your drive instead of WBFS Manager.

Edit: :ninja: Damn you TotalInsanity4 :angry:

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Renereaper
    OP

Renereaper Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2015
    United States
    Okay so I converted the drive and it shows up and everything, but it doesn't show up in Wii Backup Manager. It's Drive D:, but it isn't listed.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Click "Drive 1"
    Click the drop down box->Drive ( D: )
    It lists every drive you have, even internal drives.

Edit:
    [​IMG]

6. Renereaper
    OP

Renereaper Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2015
    United States
    That's what I'm doing. It has all of my drives listed EXCEPT D.

[​IMG]

7. Renereaper
    OP

Renereaper Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2015
    United States
    I didn't fix the problem with the drive, but I did with the game. Seems somethings wrong with the partition, so I used another, formatted it to Fat32, transferred the game over, booted it up, and it worked perfectly. Thanks for all of the help.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  8. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    Um... .. Seems like you were not using the 1st partition then?
    Always use the first partition for Wii games

9. Renereaper
    OP

Renereaper Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2015
    United States
    This wasn't the case. Wii Backup Manager detected the 2nd partition just fine, just not the last partition.

10. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    Sure, but I was talking about the Wii. Some loaders will only see the games if you have them in the 1st partition... ...so it's always a good idea to do so.

It doesn't means you can't try with other partitions also though. If it works for you, good.

11. Ivanmagana

Ivanmagana Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2015
    United States
    Go to gamestop get skyward sword used and rip it, return within seven days and get all your money back ;) way better then downloading those dirty filthy isos from misc websites lmao

12. KungFuzion

KungFuzion GBAtemp Regular

Feb 5, 2015
    I've never experienced any problems with grabbing Iso's

13. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Why do people keep recommending FAT32? I've had mine in NTFS ever since NTFS worked. No need for extra partitions, make the whole drive NTFS. If I want to put something on there besides Wii games, it can go on the same partition.

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    becuase most homebrew programs do not support ntfs thats why.

15. Slartibartfast42

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Hmm, I don't know what they use it for. The only application that I need to access my USB drive is USB Loader aGX. Any other homebrew, which I rarely use, would just be ran off my FAT32 SD card.

16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    nintendont to play gc games and emulators among many.

17. Slartibartfast42

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Emulators for systems less than GC can fit on the SD card. GC games can fit on a flash drive. If I really want to play a GC game enough to bother, I'd pop it on a separate USB flash drive. I'm not going to fill up a 500GB external HDD with gamecube games I might someday want to play. I'd download the game fresh and put it on my 16GB drive that sits around mostly unused. The big drive is for wii games, computer backups, and Bluray rips.

18. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    What if someone just doesn't want to mess with different storage sources and just wants all their games and shit in one central location? Is that such a crime? Variety is the spice of life. :)

CaptainHIT and pedro702 like this.
  19. CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2011
    Bursa
    I wished this for years, that all the homebrew apps support NTFS or exFAT, but sadly I converted my external HDD to FAT32, and put all my Wii/GC/emu stuff on there. It works, I'm happy...

20. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    this lol

why would i need 2 devices when i can use only one? your logic makes no sence.

I got my hdd on fat32 on it
    wii games
    GC games
    emulators and roms
    homebrew apps

and i still can use it for pc stuff and my ps3 and everything.

So tell me how is your logic of having 2 or 3 diferent devices when you can have a single one fat32 and use it for everything? makes no sence to me not to mention your 16gb drive for GC games would allow you for like 10 gc games before you start deleting and adding them over and over.

CaptainHIT likes this.