Should it be safe to go to the store and pick up a PS4 thats on or below 9.0?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, it's probably more prudent to buy new than used. the newest firmware isn't that old, so it's probably unlikely any new console comes with it.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
If you buy them noe there's a high chance, almost 99% that it will be below 9.00 so it should be alright if you buy it now. If you wait too long then sony will start shipping ps4s with 9.00 or 9.03. You can also buy it used and ask the seller the firmware

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you buy them noe there's a high chance, almost 99% that it will be below 9.00 so it should be alright if you buy it now. If you wait too long then sony will start shipping ps4s with 9.00 or 9.03. You can also buy it used and ask the seller the firmware
the prices are through the roof on ebay. id rather ibuy a new pro

thanks for answering

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony has already stopped production on the slim and the pro in Japan, because they don't want them competing with the ps5, I guess. I don't know about anywhere else, but afaik, not. they may soon though if you want a better console than the phat. I personally have a phat, but it's a special edition unit.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? Here in my country you can find used ps4 for about 200 dollars or less (slim/phat) and at 300 dollarsin store. Buying it new it means you have a guarantee that no one has updated it yet

edit: searched online and can't find ps4 at online retailers in my country, they just don't have it outright or have no stock O_O what in tarnation....

Last edited by zekro94,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."