Migrating PS3 content to PS4 pro on 9.0. Possible? Will I get banned if I sync my profile?

TPMJB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of a confusing topic, but suffice to say I have two PS3s and one PS4, all exploitable.

-PS3 Phat - was gaming on it then one day it YLOD on me. Somewhat annoyed. Has a lot of trophies from backup games that have not sync'd to Sony servers.

-PS3 Slim - Legit only, but nonetheless exploitable

-PS4 Pro - Legit only, on firmware 9.0

So I'm wondering, will I be able to transfer all my content to just my PS4 Pro after running the exploit? I'm talkin being able to run all my PS3 backups as before? Will I be able to sync my profile after this?

Should I just mod my PS3 Slim and transfer my content from my fat to my Slim? Then give up on any aspirations to sync my trophies?

I don't really care for online play, but it seems I can't play online on firmwares lower than the current firmware anyway. It looks like if I install a chip in my PS4, I can dump the 9.0 firmware, update to play online, then downgrade again to play hacks.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you asking if you can run PS3 backups on PS4? The answer is no, there was no backwards compatibility between PS3 to PS4.

Edit: nm I guess you're asking about legit content. The answer is still no, you can't connect to your profile on PS4 unless you update to latest firmware, and then there's no hack. Latest hack is 9.0 firmware. As far as what you're saying about installing a chip on PS4 I'm not familiar with that. I've heard there's some sort of soldering you can do to your PS4 to downgrade but I've never needed to. Probably going to be more trouble than it's worth if it's even real.

Last edited by Jayinem,
Reactions: TPMJB and Marc_LFD

TPMJB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you asking if you can run PS3 backups on PS4? The answer is no, there was no backwards compatibility between PS3 to PS4.

Edit: nm I guess you're asking about legit content. The answer is still no, you can't connect to your profile on PS4 unless you update to latest firmware, and then there's no hack. Latest hack is 9.0 firmware. As far as what you're saying about installing a chip on PS4 I'm not familiar with that.
Ah alright, you've pretty much answered the questions I had.

The downgrade was covered here:

He basically dumped the 9.0 firmware using a Teensy 2.0. He explained that once you dump the 9.0 firmware, you can flash back whenever you want even after updating. But if I can't transfer my content to PS4 anyway, then I might as well mod my slim PS3 anyway.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot_20230929_150945_Chrome.jpg

You need compatible syscon chip.

Reactions: TPMJB

TPMJB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 396619

You need compatible syscon chip.
Ah, noted. I probably don't have that system chip on the PS4 Pro. Oh well. I think I've played everything I wanted on PS4 anyway, so I might just leave it stock then. Guess I'll be hacking my PS3 slim!

It looks like there's a legitimate chance of ban on the PS3 by just syncing my trophies, and an account ban would crush all my paid for content.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to CFW/HEN consoles and OFW consoles, keep the content separated (i.e. don't log in to a hacked PS3 with your main PSN account( than try to merge it for convenience. I sure wouldn't want my PSN account that I've had since 2010 to get banned for some digital trophies or whatever.

Jay covered you, anyway.

Reactions: TPMJB

TPMJB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to CFW/HEN consoles and OFW consoles, keep the content separated (i.e. don't log in to a hacked PS3 with your main PSN account( than try to merge it for convenience. I sure wouldn't want my PSN account that I've had since 2010 to get banned for some digital trophies or whatever.

Jay covered you, anyway.
Yah, much appreciated guys.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

WaterFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Edit: nm I guess you're asking about legit content. The answer is still no, you can't connect to your profile on PS4 unless you update to latest firmware, and then there's no hack. Latest hack is 9.0 firmware. As far as what you're saying about installing a chip on PS4 I'm not familiar with that. I've heard there's some sort of soldering you can do to your PS4 to downgrade but I've never needed to. Probably going to be more trouble than it's worth if it's even real.
for the off topic question but does anyone know or know of anyone who knows how to make a patch for a media app? It’s also on homebrew store, looking for help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto