Hacking Should I update to 5.5.1 or stay in 5.3.2?

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys, a little question.

I'm spoofed 5.5.1 from 5.3.2, if a day I want to update real 5.5.1, it's possible ? Example even spoofed we still have the update prompt so If I click yes and let the system update it will real update to 5.5.1 or make an error ?

Thanks.

;)

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys, a little question.

I'm spoofed 5.5.1 from 5.3.2, if a day I want to update real 5.5.1, it's possible ? Example even spoofed we still have the update prompt so If I click yes and let the system update it will real update to 5.5.1 or make an error ?

Thanks.

;)

Actually it would work but I can't recommend that as Nintendo could roll out a newer firmware anytime where all exploit might be fixed!

I'm a total noob with those kind of hacks, how I host this version of the exploits? Do I access them directly or should use a launcher page? Thanks in advance.

Best way is always to selfhost (from your own PC, Android device, Raspberry, ZSUN-Stick or EZ Share WiFi SD Card).

Reactions: NgXAlex

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay on 5.3.2....i'm on 5.5.1 and having horrible luck with games. I've gotten two to work....i'm on my FORTH copy of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, 2 that didn't boot at all and one that froze my system forcing a reboot. Yet, this game is supposed to be compatible with Loadiine....

Reactions: lordelan
D

Deleted-355425

Stay on 5.3.2....i'm on 5.5.1 and having horrible luck with games. I've gotten two to work....i'm on my FORTH copy of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, 2 that didn't boot at all and one that froze my system forcing a reboot. Yet, this game is supposed to be compatible with Loadiine....

It's also game dependant with firmwares 5.3.2 has games 5.4 has too but they don't work for 5.4 even though they use the same kexploit. As time goes I'm sure more support will be added for the 5.5.1 and games.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Best way is always to selfhost (from your own PC, Android device, Raspberry, ZSUN-Stick or EZ Share WiFi SD Card).
I know, it's exactly what I'm searching to do, but the biggest tutorial on it that I've found so far actually uses pages with payloads injected on the html instead of loading these bin files and a index page to detect the browser version and a page to choose the application I want to run, so it doesn't seem to be a matter of "simply replace those files" to me.
TL;DR : If I am self hosting, but using html payloads what I must do with those bin files to use them instead on a 5.3.2 console?

lower firmware, less stability :tpi:
But I want dat stability with hax, the table my WiiU is sitting seems to be shaking more with mine 5.3.2 console than with the 5.5.1 one.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,
Reactions: cearp

Jonathan Demetrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody!

I've just found out that the exploit for 5.5.X have been leaked. And I don't know too much about it, but it seems like it's an IOSU exploit. So, I supose that in the short term it will allow doing more things that the 5.3.2 exploit does.

Could somebody with more knowledge in this matter help me to take a decision? I guess that I'm not the only one in this situation, so maybe this post could help someone else.
Stay on 5.3.2, you have more functionality there and there is no real reason to update unless you want anything online.

D

Deleted User

Its a kernel exploit not an IOSU. I have 5.5.1 and I haven't experienced any problems with it yet, no crashes.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know, it's exactly what I'm searching to do, but the biggest tutorial on it that I've found so far actually uses pages with payloads injected on the html instead of loading these bin files and a index page to detect the browser version and a page to choose the application I want to run, so it doesn't seem to be a matter of "simply replace those files" to me.
TL;DR : If I am self hosting, but using html payloads what I must do with those bin files to use them instead on a 5.3.2 console?

Just get yourself the Homebrew Launcher RC3 and use it's included www folder for selfhosting. Should work.
On your SD card be sure to have
SD:\wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx\[files]
SD:\wiiu\apps\homebrew_launcher\[files]
SD:\wiiu\games\Shovel Knight or any other game [XPFK93]\code&content(&meta)

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol