Should I buy an Xperia PLAY?

NeoDragonLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I buy one?
I want one cos I need something to use while traveling. Is the battery life for traveling?
Anyways, is it true that it plays PSP ISO's? Cos the guy in the store that's selling it told me that.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Should I buy one?
I want one cos I need something to use while traveling. Is the battery life for traveling?
Anyways, is it true that it plays PSP ISO's? Cos the guy in the store that's selling it told me that.
The Xperia Play cannot play PSP games (UMD's, ISO's, CSO's). It doesn't have the hardware capability to play anything above a N64. Its basically a Sony Android phone with a controller on it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Should I buy one?
The Xperia Play cannot play PSP games (UMD's, ISO's, CSO's). It doesn't have the hardware capability to play anything above a N64. Its basically a Sony Android phone with a controller on it.
...Which isn't half-bad. Show me a portable that emulates consoles HIGHER then the N64 tier - I can only think of OpenPandora and that stuff is more expensive then dragon scales, plus the DC emulation isn't even available, it was just a tech demo.

The Xperia Play is gaming married with a phone, that's that. If you're interested in that sort of thing then this babe was made for you.

It does not play PSP ISO's, perhaps the seller meant PSOne ISO's? Because there are "ways" of getting them to work lagless with the Native Emulator the phone's OS is equipped with. (PSXPeria)

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If you're willing to pay that much, then that would be a great choice for gaming.
But if you're so set on gaming and playing PSP games on the go you should get a PSP and a cheaper android phone and that would probably add up to as much as the xperia play.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Above N64?
PS1 says hello.
PS1 is less powerful than the N64 though, the only advantage it had though was it's media format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-