Should I buy an Xperia PLAY?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by NeoDragonLord, Feb 8, 2012.

1. NeoDragonLord
    OP

NeoDragonLord Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2012
    United States
    Should I buy one?
    I want one cos I need something to use while traveling. Is the battery life for traveling?
    Anyways, is it true that it plays PSP ISO's? Cos the guy in the store that's selling it told me that.

2. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    The Xperia Play cannot play PSP games (UMD's, ISO's, CSO's). It doesn't have the hardware capability to play anything above a N64. Its basically a Sony Android phone with a controller on it.

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    ...Which isn't half-bad. Show me a portable that emulates consoles HIGHER then the N64 tier - I can only think of OpenPandora and that stuff is more expensive then dragon scales, plus the DC emulation isn't even available, it was just a tech demo.

The Xperia Play is gaming married with a phone, that's that. If you're interested in that sort of thing then this babe was made for you.

It does not play PSP ISO's, perhaps the seller meant PSOne ISO's? Because there are "ways" of getting them to work lagless with the Native Emulator the phone's OS is equipped with. (PSXPeria)

4. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    If you're willing to pay that much, then that would be a great choice for gaming.
    But if you're so set on gaming and playing PSP games on the go you should get a PSP and a cheaper android phone and that would probably add up to as much as the xperia play.

5. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    Above N64?
    PS1 says hello.

6. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    PS1 is less powerful than the N64 though, the only advantage it had though was it's media format.