Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) 3DS Port

recs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm, I can't find anything like that anywhere, not even in the OOTRandomizer offline program. Also, checking videos on Youtube, none looks like analog camera. I also can't find anyone stating anything about it. If you are really sure this exists, maybe you can send the preset or a source? Would be a big help. I searched all options and it also wasn't activated by default using the randomizer on the 3ds.
I can confirm that it works as I've played it myself lol. As I said maybe it only works in New models, in case you are using the circle pad pro thing. It the rando is working you should see it reflected on the title screen. You have to make sure that you have created the patch through rando app and have enabled external patches through luma. I've shared a preset for Master dungeons + QoLs before, you can find it on my profile messages.

Still, I could try sharing my own generated patch tho, not sure if I'm breaking any ToS by doing that.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm it works for me too. New 3DS or Citra only for free cam.
IMG_20231203_130136.jpg

IMG_20231203_130115.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I've shared a preset for Master dungeons + QoLs before, you can find it on my profile messages.
Can you please share it? Ty.

Last edited by zerofalcon,
Reactions: Evilengine

Evilengine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found the problem, I downloaded the latest stable version, that one didn't have the options that you show in your pics, but the latest nightly did. Can't wait to try it. Now the main screen has the randomizer logo.
edit: it's really cool. Ok now how to use the DS Rumble Pack in the 3DS and make it working? :D

Reactions: recs and zerofalcon

Evilengine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually the features of the Randomizer are really stunning and I wonder how they were able to integrate them. The bunny ears are a game changer, I always wished for that feature after playing Majoras Mask.
And the camera control totally is reason enough for me to play the game again, since I finished it probably 5-10 times, but maybe 10 years ago the last time.
camera control is really an important feature in third person games and the way original OoT handled that was ok but kinda clonky (only hard set behind yourself).
The Randomizer almost completely passed me, besides seeing people using it in streams to randomize the game, which didn't interest me very much (but who knows)...
The last time I asked the internet about the camera control, it was only existing on emulator and SoH but not 3DS one, so sometimes those things just happen anyways.. :)

Since I mentioned Nintendo remixing Ocarina of Time in the form of Master Quest, actually Majoras Mask also is totally a remix of Ocarina. Using the same engine besides Expansion Pack support and most characters in new roles were a very clever trick to create this masterpiece in less than 1 year.

I was thinking of the (homebrew) future of Ocarina of Time and I guess with the Ship of Harkinian port, we can expect completely new games based on the engine, hopefully good ones.
Some kind of maker or editor would be nice, probably is out there somewhere already.

So I am sure, that the SoH theoretically could be reduced in the amount of ressources it needs to open the 3DS platform the doors to even more Zelda 64 love in the future.

It may be overrated to some but when I came to play that game shortly after it's release as a 9 year old, it totally blew me away. There really wasn't anything with that quality before, it also is relatively big. Since then Zelda was always my favorite game series and I don't get tired to play some of them again and again.
Now playing with the Randomizer features, I realize how much fun OoT still is, after all these years, it has perfect gameplay imho. Would be interesting what the addition of a jump button would change about it.... :)

So, I am glad, that there are people out there, that optimize old classics in the way the companies don't seem to really care about enough, as they were not too much into updating more content in the 3DS days...
#virtualboy3ds

btw, is there any kind of 60 FPS patch/code for (New)3DS on OoT3D?

Last edited by Evilengine,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking of the (homebrew) future of Ocarina of Time and I guess with the Ship of Harkinian port, we can expect completely new games based on the engine, hopefully good ones.
As I said, there are already extensive hacks of Ocarina of Time unrelated to Ship of Harkinian,
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5801/
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5334/

I might have expected that the source code for Super Mario 64 would have opened up wild new possibilities too, but it looks like people generally still prefer tinkering with the original, at least for now.

Reactions: Evilengine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto