Emulation Shin Megami Tensei V : Vengeance regularly crashing with Yuzu

zack426

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No matter if I use yuzu 1734 or ea 4176 it crashes every hour or so, every time when exiting a scene, so exiting a battle, going into a new area etc. I think it may have to do with memory leaking, because with ea ver. every time it happened, yuzu was taking 10 GB of RAM. Does anyone have a solution or a mod that could fix this? (Please don't suggest ryujinx, the game runs at 20 fps at most on ryujinx on my pc)

zack426

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I know yuzu is dead, but are there any good yuzu forks right now? I'll try tweaking ryujinx later and tell is it's running ok

Tornadus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know yuzu is dead, but are there any good yuzu forks right now? I'll try tweaking ryujinx later and tell is it's running ok
hi did you manage to get it running smoothly for ryujinx? im having the same issues as you but it also keeps crashing on ryu for me

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suyu seems to be the main one. There are other like Torzu (apparently ran by an amateur) and Sudachi (already taking $$$ for premium features).

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Suyu seems to be the main one. There are other like Torzu (apparently ran by an amateur) and Sudachi (already taking $$$ for premium features).

Wrong suyu is completely dead and was the one ran by an amateur, Sudachi was already a fork of yuzu even before yuzu closed down and is developed by an experienced dev it was specifically a mobile focused fork for ios/android but also has desktop version now. I don't know anything about premium features and there is nothing about it on their gihub or the page there are however quite a few fake pages now trying to scam people so be careful.

Torzu is completely developed anonymously on the dark net so no one knows anything about the devs, it uses code from sudachi and other forks from time to time from what i can see.

Last edited by tet666,
Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter if I use yuzu 1734 or ea 4176 it crashes every hour or so, every time when exiting a scene, so exiting a battle, going into a new area etc. I think it may have to do with memory leaking, because with ea ver. every time it happened, yuzu was taking 10 GB of RAM. Does anyone have a solution or a mod that could fix this? (Please don't suggest ryujinx, the game runs at 20 fps at most on ryujinx on my pc)

Ryujinx seems to have the same issues. It ocassionally crashes and the loading screens take too long. Especially the one where you select your file and boot it up.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ryujinx seems to have the same issues. It ocassionally crashes and the loading screens take too long. Especially the one where you select your file and boot it up.

If you use mods you have to use alternate memory layout for this game i have yet to see a crash in ryujinx with enabled.

zack426

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To add an update, ryujinx has been kind of shit, I managed to get it running at 60 fps, but it frequently dipped to 15-20 fps and crashed at almost every single cutscene. After that I started messing around with yuzu forks and saw that torzu has worked the best so far, I'm using the latest release from github, memory stays consistent and haven't experienced a single crash, the performance is around 5% lower than on yuzu, but it's worth it.
TL;DR
Torzu (fork of yuzu) works best from my experience, other forks have the same problem as yuzu and ryujinx has been very unstable
Post automatically merged:

Another follow up, when using FSR/Scaleforce in torzu, the game crashes once every 30 minutes or so, when using bicubic/bilinear then it's fine

Last edited by zack426,

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong suyu is completely dead and was the one ran by an amateur, Sudachi was already a fork of yuzu even before yuzu closed down and is developed by an experienced dev it was specifically a mobile focused fork for ios/android but also has desktop version now. I don't know anything about premium features and there is nothing about it on their gihub or the page there are however quite a few fake pages now trying to scam people so be careful.

Torzu is completely developed anonymously on the dark net so no one knows anything about the devs, it uses code from sudachi and other forks from time to time from what i can see.
Straight from Sudachi's github page:
  • BuyMeACoffee
    • BuyMeACoffee Standard or higher members will receive in-app features in Folium and Sudachi such as online save file hosting, statistics (play time, etc.), global in-game messaging and more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    M @ Mootthew: cheese