Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Pong20302000 said:
i absolutely 100% do not like this game

im really surprised how many people actually do

so many people downloaded my patch for it last night

do i need a re-think into my views over this game?

I'm a big fan of Atlus games and the Shin Megami Series, I've played Persona 3 and 4 before, Shin Megami Tensi: Devil Survivor but it's different from this game. It seems that Atlus returned to their old-school Shin Megami, the dungeon crawling games. I read in a couple of sites that their first games were Shin Megami Tensi and it was just like Strange Journey, so I guess the big fans of the Shin Megami Series will love this game, so I don't know about you
tongue.gif
maybe you should give it more time, I heard from a friend it gets much better later.

Kouta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
darksaru said:
Pong20302000 said:

I'm a big fan of Atlus games and the Shin Megami Series, I've played Persona 3 and 4 before, Shin Megami Tensi: Devil Survivor but it's different from this game. It seems that Atlus returned to their old-school Shin Megami, the dungeon crawling games. I read in a couple of sites that their first games were Shin Megami Tensi and it was just like Strange Journey, so I guess the big fans of the Shin Megami Series will love this game, so I don't know about you
tongue.gif
maybe you should give it more time, I heard from a friend it gets much better later.

Go and play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It is the best thus far in the mainline series. I see too many people who say that they are fans of Shin Megami Tensei when they are really just fans of Persona 3 and 4.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/megaten3.htm

Read up on it (scroll down on that page) and play it. You will find that it's just like Strange Journey except that the Journey there is a far better experience.

Sh4d0wZ3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmm, it's working fine for my old R4 + Ysmenu
Saving and random encounter works without a hitch but... for some reason the game keeps crashing on the dungeon scrolling part. The crashes are random but pops up quite often, but only when you're on the dungeon screen. Battles and conversations are okay but I can't even get around the first sector without a single crash. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

darksaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Kouta said:
darksaru said:
Pong20302000 said:

tongue.gif

Go and play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It is the best thus far in the mainline series. I see too many people who say that they are fans of Shin Megami Tensei when they are really just fans of Persona 3 and 4.

Read up on it (scroll down on that page) and play it. You will find that it's just like Strange Journey except that the Journey there is a far better experience.

I know most of Atlus games besides Persona and I really want to play most of them, but I heard that Nocturne has a really punishing difficulty, I would love to play great games but when it comes to punishing difficulties it hold me back XD I'll give it a try someday
tongue.gif

manoelpdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sh4d0wZ3r0 said:
Hmm, it's working fine for my old R4 + Ysmenu
Saving and random encounter works without a hitch but... for some reason the game keeps crashing on the dungeon scrolling part. The crashes are random but pops up quite often, but only when you're on the dungeon screen. Battles and conversations are okay but I can't even get around the first sector without a single crash. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

I have an old R4 and I have been played with no Ysmenu, directly from R4 1.18 kernel version.
I didnt experience any crash so far: I started to explore the first dungeon, Antlia.
Try to play straight from R4 kernel.

By the way I'm in love with this game. It's very fun!
The setting is not a thing I'm used to experience in RPGs.
And, of course, I love the demons since I'm a huge fan of Persona.

Sh4d0wZ3r0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ah, it's true! Hardly any crashes with the original 1.18 kernel.
Thanks for the help manoelpdb, didn't think any other game needed to be run from the original Kernel since the undubbed version of Rune Factory 2.

EDIT: Okay, scratch that, crashes still occurs, but at a much reduced rate compared to using the YSmenu. Reading through previous posts, it would seem that crashes occur on other carts as well and I don't suppose anyone found a solution for it yet.

EDIT2: Okayy, it has started crashing massively again, though I noticed that the crashes seems to be related to the BGM sound somehow. If I leave it running without touching anything, it will still crash when the BGM has looped for a few times.

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kouta said:

...I really agree with you, but unfortunately people who only know Persona 3 & 4 are common nowadays. Okay, blame Atlus for never releasing anything from the main series in english (...except for Nocturne/Lucifer Call...), but they should try to know a little bit more about the series at least. The problem is that when people talk about RPGs on Famicom, they simply forget/don't know any title besides Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest...u.u

darksaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
thewarhammer said:
Kouta said:

...I really agree with you, but unfortunately people who only know Persona 3 & 4 are common nowadays. Okay, blame Atlus for never releasing anything from the main series in english (...except for Nocturne/Lucifer Call...), but they should try to know a little bit more about the series at least. The problem is that when people talk about RPGs on Famicom, they simply forget/don't know any title besides Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest...u.u

I actually know quite a lot about Shin Megami, the ones on the Famicom. I played only Persona 3 and 4, and also Devil Survivor, I never got the chance to play other Atlus games but I do know a lot about their games and I'm planning to play them someday
biggrin.gif

LegendarySkitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darksaru said:
thewarhammer said:
Kouta said:

I actually know quite a lot about Shin Megami, the ones on the Famicom. I played only Persona 3 and 4, and also Devil Survivor, I never got the chance to play other Atlus games but I do know a lot about their games and I'm planning to play them someday
biggrin.gif

For the record, if you're gonna say you know a lot about a game..get the name right. The one on the famicom is Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei. No Shin in it as the Shin didn't start until Shin Megami Tensei 1 for SNES...just saying.

Either way I haven't had a single crash using the patch and YSMenu on my R4 after 4 hours...

darksaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
LegendarySkitch said:
darksaru said:
thewarhammer said:
Kouta said:

biggrin.gif

For the record, if you're gonna say you know a lot about a game..get the name right. The one on the famicom is Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei. No Shin in it as the Shin didn't start until Shin Megami Tensei 1 for SNES...just saying.

Either way I haven't had a single crash using the patch and YSMenu on my R4 after 4 hours...

I do know it's Digital Devil Story, as I said "the ones on the Famicom" I didn't mention any names, when I said Shin Megami I meant the whole series, you should read more thoroughly next time
tongue.gif

And sorry I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just saying that you shouldn't judge people before you know what they know
wink.gif

LegendarySkitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darksaru said:
LegendarySkitch said:
darksaru said:
biggrin.gif

I do know it's Digital Devil Story, as I said "the ones on the Famicom" I didn't mention any names, when I said Shin Megami I meant the whole series, you should read more thoroughly next time
tongue.gif

And sorry I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just saying that you shouldn't judge people before you know what they know
wink.gif

I apologize, however your grammar implied you were referring to the ones on famicom as Shin Megami due to the comma. You shouldn't tell me to read more thoroughly when it was your grammar that made it sound wrong
smile.gif

Besides, I wasn't judging you, I was just saying.

Topic is getting derailed though, how about this awesome game. Working great for everyone?

darksaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
LegendarySkitch said:
darksaru said:
LegendarySkitch said:
darksaru said:
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

wink.gif

I apologize, however your grammar implied you were referring to the ones on famicom as Shin Megami due to the comma. You shouldn't tell me to read more thoroughly when it was your grammar that made it sound wrong
smile.gif

Besides, I wasn't judging you, I was just saying.

Topic is getting derailed though, how about this awesome game. Working great for everyone?

@Clydefrosch: rofl! nerd fight eh? XD

Anyways, lol, sorry my bad
tongue.gif
I admit I suck at grammar a little.

Well, I am enjoying the game, I got till sector Bootes but I don't know what brought Devil Survivor up to my mind, and now I jumped to it and started New Game+ and enjoying it much more than the first time! One-Killing the demons is fun, now it's my turn to laugh at them! I got to the point before the Beldr fight (time for some revenge!) but I plan to get back to Strange Journey soon, I just don't feel in the mood of dungeon crawling games now, and I would love to get back to Persona 4 too!

So I think Strange Journey will have to wait a little
smile.gif

KingTaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this patched and working perfectly on an R4 running the latest YSMenu/DSTT firmware, I'm up to the 3rd dungeon without any incidents of freezing.

I can't seem to get this game running properly on my Acekard 2i though. It's funny since I got my Acekard 2i to play this game and only my R4 is playing it. I've followed the guide on GBAtemp, reformatted my card, got 1.6RC2, newest loader, etc. But anytime the music starts to loop it freezes up on me. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I've got a new model with a hardware ID of 81 and a yellow PCB with black past the contact area, using a sandisk 8gb micro sd card and if it matters at all I'm playing on a DS lite bought the day they were released.

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working on my R4 (with and without replacement firmware).

I like how they re-implemented the Demon Negotiation. I've been playing Devil Summoner and Nocturne as much as I can just for these kinds of features that can make the game more difficult (Persona 3 and 4 were, sadly in my opinion, just random dungeon crawlers until you beat a boss, no effort being put into the Personae, but I still liked them). I would've liked it more if it had also implemented the Press Turn Battling System from Nocturne as well, but this will do just fine by me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol