Hacking Error code 2002-3540

ppzikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi, I have a new switch with error 2002-3540 during a reset, on this switch there is an rp2040 "hwfly type" chip. (again).

If the rp2040 chip is removed I no longer have errors 2002-3540
I'm going to install the rp2040 from Wareshare to check.
Post automatically merged:

it's ok with a wareshare rp2040

Last edited by ppzikos,

illuminatedPH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
hi, I have a new switch with error 2002-3540 during a reset, on this switch there is an rp2040 "hwfly type" chip. (again).

If the rp2040 chip is removed I no longer have errors 2002-3540
I'm going to install the rp2040 from Wareshare to check.

it's ok with a wareshare rp2040
Someone told me that there are 2 different factories that manufactures these rp2040 clones in China.

1 of them uses resistors that causes interference in the chip which causes errors in the Stock Firmware.

So basically, it's a guessing game which is which since they also have different markings.

lRicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have modded my patched V1 switch via hyfly chip. And was able to install Hekate and Atmosphere in order to play mods for TOTK on the switch. I got the mods working but now occasionally the game will freeze, then crash after 30 seconds giving me error code 2002-3540, mainly when the game is manually saved, autosaves, or right after a cutscene. I have tried multiple ways to fix this, reformatting the SD, trying another SD card, checking for any updates. Strangely, if I try to run the game without a SD card it runs into a similar issue but instead gives me error code 2002-5055 or the whole system freezes. Any help is appreciated!

Update: I think I fixed it the game seems to be running great now! and all I did was create a emuMMC then launch using the SD. Not sure why, I dont know much about emuMMC vs. system and I would like to know more info about it for future troubleshooting.
Question, i also have the same problem, with any game in stock Firmware and Atmosphere CFW (for smash mods online play) but i want to play online so is there anyway to fix it without running emuMMC since i want to play online

ChironNZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Question, i also have the same problem, with any game in stock Firmware and Atmosphere CFW (for smash mods online play) but i want to play online so is there anyway to fix it without running emuMMC since i want to play online
I just had this issue and I fixed it by removing the 47ohm resistor on the reset line and bridging the connection. I left the 47ohm resistor on the clk and cmd. And left the 330ohm on the dat0. Which is how it came from factory. Works perfectly. The chip in picture is the one I had got from AliExpress.

Never mind. It failed again. Time to swap out the dat0 and cmd resistors. Will report back.

Attachments

• IMG_1110.jpeg
    IMG_1110.jpeg
    822.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by ChironNZ,
Reactions: lRicky

andeers

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I tested 100ohm Dat0 and CMd and 47 ohm clk reset, without success,I tested many other values that I have not written here, without success

Finally the solution for my Switch with Pico style hwfly was to change the emmc. (this emmc work good with real pico 2040 zero).
It seems that the picofly version "HwFly" is a little more capricious on the emmc.
Hi! What does "change the emmc" mean? Is something physical or is a software thing? I don't understand very much about this hack and someone did it for me and I'm getting the error 2002-3540

tudorcraft

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I just had this issue and I fixed it by removing the 47ohm resistor on the reset line and bridging the connection. I left the 47ohm resistor on the clk and cmd. And left the 330ohm on the dat0. Which is how it came from factory. Works perfectly. The chip in picture is the one I had got from AliExpress.

Never mind. It failed again. Time to swap out the dat0 and cmd resistors. Will report back.
So have you managed to get it working?
My soldering station isn't amazing, so I want to minimize my risk, if anyone else has done the testing already.

lRicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! What does "change the emmc" mean? Is something physical or is a software thing? I don't understand very much about this hack and someone did it for me and I'm getting the error 2002-3540
emuNAND stands for emulated NAND, this means that your entire NAND (system memory) will run off your microSD card with Custom Firmware (CFW). This NAND's contents (games, applications, saves, etc.) are completely separate from your sysNAND. emuMMC is the name for the currently used implementation of emuNAND on Switch.

Reactions: SkullHex2

Dukenukemx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same problem with my switch and error 2002-3540. I installed a rp2040 from Aliexpress. It always gets into Hekate but when it tries to boot into Atmosphere it gets this error. This happens after I attempt to run a certain game. Stock Switch doesn't work either and it's stuck on the Switch logo.

Caroexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have the same issue. No problem on emuNAND but when I try to play online I get the error message after approx. 10 min in game. Sometimes it appears during downloads or even boot up. Everything started after updating to 17.0.1, maybe it has something to do with the new firmware?

*I only have the issue in sysNand (Clean)

Last edited by Caroexe,

Caroexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey

Any updates? If swapping the resistors work I will try the same, if not I guess I have to install a RP2040 Zero

Update:

Swapping capacitors didnt worked, I got error 2002-5055 instead, and sometimes 2002-3540.
I now swapped the Hwfly with an RP2040 Zero and everything works fine.

Last edited by Caroexe,

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this issue as well. I have tried a few different "variants" of hwfly for the Mariko V2 and now it's getting to the point after eMMC restores, I get this error in DBI when reinstalling games. I also got the "slow eMMC" message in hekate after some restores.

Since the hwfly "variants" can't all be the issue (well, they could), I was thinking of trying a new eMMC module, so I ordered two from Aliexpress. I imagine they source them from junked switches, so I'm hoping I get a good one. Can I simply restore my backup to the new eMMC?

I now swapped the Hwfly with an RP2040 Zero and everything works fine.
I was thinking that it could just be a bad batch of hyfly's. I believe mine corrupted my eMMC or it may be bad. With where you get hwfly's, you really never know if they will be of good quality. It seems like they can absolutely corrupt your eMMC. I may just use an RP2040 Lite.

Last edited by emuman100,

Caroexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have this issue as well. I have tried a few different "variants" of hwfly for the Mariko V2 and now it's getting to the point after eMMC restores, I get this error in DBI when reinstalling games. I also got the "slow eMMC" message in hekate after some restores.

Since the hwfly "variants" can't all be the issue (well, they could), I was thinking of trying a new eMMC module, so I ordered two from Aliexpress. I imagine they source them from junked switches, so I'm hoping I get a good one. Can I simply restore my backup to the new eMMC?

I was thinking that it could just be a bad batch of hyfly's. I believe mine corrupted my eMMC or it may be bad. With where you get hwfly's, you really never know if they will be of good quality. It seems like they can absolutely corrupt your eMMC. I may just use an RP2040 Lite.

I don't know about the bad eMMC part, I remember having the slow eMMC issue as well a while back but it just randomly disappeared. After doing a Picofly RP2040 Zero install everything works fine now, so I would suggest you to do the same before trying to swap the eMMC

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the bad eMMC part, I remember having the slow eMMC issue as well a while back but it just randomly disappeared. After doing a Picofly RP2040 Zero install everything works fine now, so I would suggest you to do the same before trying to swap the eMMC
I know the Waveshare RP2040 Zero is officially supported by Picofly. Did you remove the USB connector after you programmed it? Did you also have to add any resistors?

Last edited by emuman100,

Caroexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I know the Waveshare RP2040 Zero is officially supported by Picofly. Did you remove the USB connector after you programmed it? Did you also have to add any resistors?
Yes I removed the USB Connector and added 3 x SMD 0402 100R %1 resistors.
I followed the Wayayeo Repairs video on YouTube for the v2 switch

Reactions: emuman100

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I removed the USB Connector and added 3 x SMD 0402 100R %1 resistors.
I followed the Wayayeo Repairs video on YouTube for the v2 switch
Before I wanted to redo the install with a Waveshare. I wanted to try one last ditch effort of replacing the eMMC module. I also used a hwfly from Aliexpress that others had success with. Replacing the hwfly made no difference, but replacing the eMMC module did. This was my original post.

It turns out that it was definitely bad. I'm not sure if it was bad from the factory as it was a refurbished unit from the Nintendo Store or the original hwfly caused the failure, but now, I don't get any eMMC access errors (2002-3540) anymore. I appreciate the help! I hope this post helps others.

Reactions: Caroexe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...