XXLANCEXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
70uiok.jpg

QUOTE said:
Probably one of the biggest franchises from Sega that you either liked it or loved it, Shenmue 3 can be a reality. Fans (in North America) have been craving for a 3rd installment ever since the sequel was released back on the Xbox in 2002. Many fans around the world who experienced the ‘epicness’ of the second installment wanted a final game to know the ending of Ryo’s story. In a recent report from Famitsu magazine, it may be happening. Famitsu had a interview with Sega and brought up the question of there ever being a Shenmue 3. Sega said they ‘loved to do it’ but have worries of poor sales, not enough funding to manufacture the game. Sega mentioned that Shenmue is one of the most beloved fanboy game franchises they have and love to release the 3rd installment if they can. It’s still talked about in their company of ever making the game but problems of sales still arise on top of their heads. Well let’s face it, they’re right. Sega has been doing piss poor sales of their Sega franchises for example, Sonic. You name me the last Sonic game that did well in sales. Now only if Sony or Microsoft can buy out the Shenmue franchise from Sega, we can see Shenmue 3 a reality. But time will tell with Sega. They want to do Shenmue 3, we just don’t know if it is in the makings or not.

Source: http://thegamerzzone.com/2010/03/02/sega-a...firmed-finally/

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So what they is: Buy our shit, so we can make this treasure.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this isnt a confirmation. very misleading title. devs always say they wanna make certain games. doesnt mean itll happen.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Fans (in North America) have been craving for a 3rd installment ever since the sequel was released back on the Xbox in 2002.
i lol'd. Did the Dreamcast fail so hard that people don't even remember it anymore?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
QUOTE said:
Fans (in North America) have been craving for a 3rd installment ever since the sequel was released back on the Xbox in 2002.
i lol'd. Did the Dreamcast fail so hard that people don't even remember it anymore?

They never released the second one on Dreamcast in America, so a lot of people don't even know it was a Dreamcast game. As I recall, the Euro version was just the JP version with subtitles.

edit: These games were lame, the Yakuza series is the same thing, only a million times more awesome.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XXLANCEXX said:
Well let’s face it, they’re right. Sega has been doing piss poor sales of their Sega franchises for example, Sonic. You name me the last Sonic game that did well in sales.

-Sonic Rush: 2.96 million units
-Sonic and the Secret Rings: 2.28 million units
-Sonic and the Black Knight: 0.56 million units
-Sonic Rush Adventure: 0.51 million units
-Mario & Sonic Series: you know em...
-Sonic Unleashed (Wii): 1.51 million units
-Sonic Unleashed (PS360): 1.24 million units

So this guy should honestly get his facts straight. The Sonic-games are most definitely very successful. You cannot expect sales similar to CoD or NSMB from Sonic-games... Everything over 1 million units sold is a massive success and that`s why the series is still running strong, even though reviews were mostly negative!!!

BTW no Yakuza game managed to sell over 600.000 units and they still make these games, which should show anyone, what SEGA expects these kind of games to sell!

QUOTE(DS1 @ Sep 30 2010, 07:59 AM) edit: These games were lame, the Yakuza series is the same thing, only a million times more awesome.
rofl2.gif

Honestly Pal, you shouldn`t get my hopes up over an article, that is like 7 month old and is referring to an interview Simon Jeffrey did 2 years ago...
cry.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't post bullshit news from several months ago.

Thanks.

lock2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok