XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
does your script build channels that are faster or better than Crap? If so, I'd be interested in seeing it if you're willing to share. Maybe you should consider creating your own topic with some of your more useful scripts (giving credit to person66 for sharpii of course :D )

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does your script build channels that are faster or better than Crap? If so, I'd be interested in seeing it if you're willing to share. Maybe you should consider creating your own topic with some of your more useful scripts (giving credit to person66 for sharpii of course :D )

well maybe I can build the channels faster because there is no gui which needs to start up first and so on and my tool is completely portable and doesn't need to be installed, but then again my way is not yet so customizable like Wii GSC or Crap are in case of the ios used for loading games, device games are loaded from and so on (but of course these features could be easily implemented by changing the batch file a bit). In case of loading time on the wii, I haven't compared the loading time of channels build with Crap / Wii GSC yet, but I think it should be the same since my method uses a dol that was extracted from a channel previously built with Wii GSC before I got the idea for this whole thing.

The batch file I wrote basicly does the following things:

- It extracts the opening.bnr of the iso with the help of wiimms excellent iso tools
- It also automatically gets the game ID with the help of wit and replaces the ID with the help of gsar (general search and replace tool) in the dol extracted from the channel that was build with WiiGSC (other options like the device to load games from and so on could be modified in this way as well)
- Sharpii packs everything into a nice .wad file, using a channel build with WiiGSC as a template
- Optionally the file is send directly to the wii by Sharpii for installation

In the next days I will make some adjustments to the batch file and do some testing, and if everything is ready I see no problem in sharing it with the rest of the community ;-)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
In the next days I will make some adjustments to the batch file and do some testing, and if everything is ready I see no problem in sharing it with the rest of the community ;-)
If it would help, take a look at SendWad for some tips on checking the IP address entry and such.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it would help, take a look at SendWad for some tips on checking the IP address entry and such.

thanks, I already implemented part of a system to check if the needed conditions are met for a successfull execution of the batch file. will take a look at your work and see if I can improve my batch file a bit with the help of that.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

thanks, I already implemented part of a system to check if the needed conditions are met for a successfull execution of the batch file. will take a look at your work and see if I can improve my batch file a bit with the help of that.
There are two parts to it:
Code:
:: This next line actually has to go at the top after @echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
:: A valid IP address must be between 7 and 15 characters long, so let's check if
:: there is a 7th character not a 16th character
if "%ipaddress:~6,1%"=="" goto badip
if not "%ipaddress:~15,1%"=="" goto badip
:: Lets test to make sure that the IP is at least set up correct (all numbers with 3 periods)
:: Save %ipaddress% to str so we can modify it without the original being messed up.
set str=%ipaddress%
for /L %%N IN (0,1,9) do set str=!str:%%N=!
:: If the ip was entered correctly, then only 3 periods should be left in the string
if "%str%" == "..." goto newip

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
-snip-

Yes I could do it that way too, but I have another way in mind, which I didn't have the time to test yet. Will probably work on this tomorrow and report my results. And thanks again for all your help, but I'm someone that tends to do or try things her own way first and after that thinking about possible improvements. Don't get me wrong - suggestions are still appreciated. But my goal is to make things different and maybe better, although my way is not always the better one. Also maybe we should get back to the main topic again. Expect another thread for further discussion on my batch script tomorrow.

EDIT: If you like you can further discuss my project here. There's not so much to see now, but I'm working on it :yaywii:

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

Yes I could do it that way too, but I have another way in mind, which I didn't have the time to test yet. Will probably work on this tomorrow and report my results. And thanks again for all your help, but I'm someone that tends to do or try things her own way first and after that thinking about possible improvements. Don't get me wrong - suggestions are still appreciated. But my goal is to make things different and maybe better, although my way is not always the better one. Also maybe we should get back to the main topic again. Expect another thread for further discussion on my batch script tomorrow.
Absolutely no offense taken, it's your project and it's understandable that you would want to do things your way. :)

@[member='person66']: There is still the issue of installing certain wads not working with AHBPROT, but installing fine with a cIOS. If there is anything I can do to test, just let me know.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I have been really busy lately. I am working on a large update to this though, so just hang tight for a little while.

@[member='JoostinOnline']: I will contact you once it is ready for testing!

Reactions: 2 people

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've come across a little problem. I want to insert a new dol into a channel, and reading the help there are 2 ways to do so: either providing a wad file to use the .dol found inside or providing the actual path to a normal .dol file.

I tried the second way and always end up with an error message. If I give the full path because the .dol is hidden inside a folder structure (e.g. -dol "x:\project\dol\name.dol", in quotes in case the path has spaces in it) then I get the message that the path format is not supported. if the dol lies directly inside the working directory (e.g -dol name.dol) sharpii reports that it can't find the file.

So either it's me doing something wrong, or there's a small bug in sharpii. Can anyone provide a solution/an answer to this?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update Time!

I know I haven't touched this project in over a year, but Joostin messaged me a couple days ago about a bug with Sharpii, and today I had some free time to fix it, so here you all go. :D

Like always, see the original post for details.

Reactions: XFlak and actar

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be used to download official channels like Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon Instant Video?

Krafter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have a bricked (actually just very unstable) boot2 Wii. For a bit I tried to fix it using the original nand dump but have since given up on that idea. I formated the nand using comex and figured I'd start over. After a few headaches I was able to get the original nand dump to decompile using ShowMiiWads and was able to extract all 15 of the legit VC titles installed. My thought was to fakesign these titles so they could be reinstalled. I was pointed to Sharpii to do just that but when I attempt to reinstall the wads, I get an error -1022 which according to WiiBrew that is a TMD mismatch. What am I missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes