Hacking Sharpii-NetCore (A mod and port of Sharpii)

TheShadowEevee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this?
Hi! So, a few months ago I started working on a port for Sharpii that could work on Linux and Mac, and I came up with this. It's basically a mod of Sharpii that's ported to .Net core, but with some added features! I call it Sharpii-NetCore. Name suggestions are welcomed.

Changes from original:
- Sharpii now runs on .Net Core instead of .Net Framework
- Now with support for many OS's!
- Slightly better error handling (Working on making it better)
- Custom exit codes for script use
- Plus possibly more!
- Files are now sort of huge compared to originals, around 40mb. This is due to packed .dll's, and I am working on hopefully bringing that down.

Planned Changes:
- Self Updater (Only run with a command, NOT on every use. That would get annoying quick)
- Smaller file size

Why isn't [Insert command here] working!?!?!?!??11?
Well, I'll tell you why! I broke it. Or it didn't work in the first place. Either way, open an issue on https://github.com/TheShadowEevee/Sharpii-NetCore/issues and I can take a look! I don't think any work is going to be done on the original Sharpii at this point (Of course, not much needs to be done), so I may be a good bet for getting things fixed cause it's likely an issue on my end.

Hmm... You should really add [Some Suggestion]
Suggestions are appreciated, but don't have a great chance of being added. See, I don't know much C in reality, but I know enough to be able to reverse engineer some things and try to fix bugs. I can do the same with suggestions but some may not be worth the work.

Downloads
Windows, MacOSX, Linux x64, and Linux Arm all have binaries on the projects Github release page.
You can self compile Sharpii, but this will require some work, and I don't have a compiling tutorial right now.

Final note
While this was originally created for use myself, I figured others would like to know about this. I know there will be some bugs, and some issues with things like the file size. All I can say is report any issues you may have, and if you don't like the program, don't use it. I am happy to hear your opinions, both good and bad, and am willing to try to help with any issues that may arise. I may edit this post a few times to make formatting better or update info as well.

Last edited by TheShadowEevee,

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This is cool. I honestly didn't expect Wii relate projects to still be active when I got back on here. I wish this had existed back when I was still writing scripts.

If anyone wants to adapt my Convert2vWii script to bash (or whatever else) with this, feel free. I know I wrote some other stuff with Sharpii, but I can't remember what.

http://www.hacksden.com/showthread....r-forwarder-channels-compatible-with-the-vWii

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

TheShadowEevee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two bugs have been identified and are being investigated
- Exit Codes aren't working properly on some GNU/Linux systems
- A User has reported NUS issues with Japan Everybody Votes Channel and possibly other Japanese region channels.

Amazing! Keep it up :)

(Name suggestion: SharpiiNe-t (sharpie but with the net word at the end))
Thank you for the name suggestion! I'll keep it in mind when I review the name again!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
There were some Updates in the last Days for this interesting Tool:

Sharpii .Net Core v1.1.8​

@TheShadowEevee
TheShadowEevee released this 8 hours ago

A port for the program Sharpii that maintains it and allows it to run on multiple OS's
If you can't open the 7z archive, Use 7-zip on Windows. Most unix-like distros should be able to unpack this with zip

Minor Change Notice​

This is a minor change. No update is needed unless one of these features is desired.
  • Add -URL option to NUS.cs
  • Updated embedded libWiiSharp to 2.0.2
    • libWiiSharp has been reverted to .Net Framework 2.0
      • No functional difference in Sharpii; TPL code now works again
        • TPL code still does not run on Non-Windows platforms due to System.Drawing.Common's lack of support
Developer Updates Platform Support and Contribution Info
Full Changelog: v1.1.7...v1.1.8

https://github.com/TheShadowEevee/Sharpii-NetCore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work