Hacking Sharpii

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not working with the system variable. You still have to have a user one set.
Ya, I realized that yesterday and fixed it, I just got the time to upload it now, so that is what I am doing
Sure you did. ;)
No really, I swear! I fixed it yesterday, I just didn't have any time to upload it! It is the truth!!! I has time stamps to prove it!

gallery_183494_68_693.png

OK, well, I could have faked that, but I swear I didn't!

Anyways, updating the readme now, new version should be up in a few minutes

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Here you go:
http://www.mediafire...mdxrv9yirqbh1te
Just drag and drop a wad file (cIOS or channel, doesn't matter) onto that batch file and it will prompt you for an IP address. If you have one saved on your PC already (it will inform you if you do), don't enter anything and it will use that, but you can enter a different one if you want.

Make sure that Sharpii is installed on your computer, or that the Sharpii files from googlecode are in the same directory as SendWad.bat.

Thanks to goes out to XFlak. He gets a gold star for fixing a small mistake. Huge win for Canada! :P

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is an update to v1.1 that I strongly suggest:
http://www.mediafire...67ze6r7xdtz55zw

Changes:
  1. It's an exe file instead of a batch file.
  2. Sharpii is packed inside it so you don't have to download anything besides SendWad.exe
  3. It now uses AHBPROT to install wads.
  4. It has an icon. I just picked a random icon I made for a website, so it doesn't really fit, but at least it's an icon.
Here is the source if anybody is interested:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nep30bgzfifbepr

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You forgot to include a copy of the GPL and source code with your executable.
The GPL and everything else from Sharpii is extracted when you run the file. As for my own source code, why do I need to include that? I'm happy to share it of course, but I'd like to know what I'm missing.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ran it and all it did was print "Drag and drop a channel or (c)IOS wad on this exe file". Nothing was extracted.

If your app incorporates a GPL component, it also becomes GPL. Hence you are required to distribute the source code with the compiled binary.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If your app incorporates a GPL component, it also becomes GPL. Hence you are required to distribute the source code with the compiled binary.
I agree with you on that, I've learned a gpl lesson or two in my day, lol. But I thought you only had to make the sources available, not necessarily distribute it with the binary. I'm not an expert in this stuff, but thought I'd pose the question anyways.

@Joostin, u using bat2exe to compile the batch file? If so, consider using the decompiler feature to be able to extract the bundled files from the exe.

Take it easy guys :D

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I ran it and all it did was print "Drag and drop a channel or ©IOS wad on this exe file". Nothing was extracted.

Really? It should have, and it does for me. Make sure you look in the same directory as the exe file. It deletes them when you close the app.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not used to distributing things publicly, or using. Up until recently just about everything I have done has been private.

Okay, so when it was just the bat file I didn't need to do it though, right?

@XFlak: I'll look into that. Thanks.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just an update:

I have been quite busy the past few weeks, so I haven't had much time to work on this, but school will be out for a couple weeks on friday, so after that I should be able to fix some bugs I found with the U8 packing, and also work on adding a few new things.

Also, Joostin, I might add your batch file to the Sharpii googlecode page if you don't mind :)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Just an update:

I have been quite busy the past few weeks, so I haven't had much time to work on this, but school will be out for a couple weeks on friday, so after that I should be able to fix some bugs I found with the U8 packing, and also work on adding a few new things.

Also, Joostin, I might add your batch file to the Sharpii googlecode page if you don't mind :)
Not a problem, I was hoping you would do that as it would be an example for others who want to make batch files. I still have the old one for patching IOS36/236, so go ahead and upload that if you want too. I may need to update it so the parameters are those of the latest version, but I'll have to look at it first. Do you mind if I distribute the exe outside of googlecode? That will be easier for people who don't have it installed already.

Btw, do you plan to offer version changing and/or info for IOS wads?

PS: I've got an update to SendWad that I will be releasing today.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I thought that the conclusion of our last gpl/source battle resulted in that the sources have to be made available, but not needed to be distributed with said app if the sources are made available for the app and all supporting apps/libraries/etc in one location. Please clarify that if it is right or wrong.

@joostin, even though the .bat file does get extracted while the program is run, that does not make it GPL compliant because that makes it so that the .bat is only available for someone who is running windows. If someone is running linux or mac then they can not get the source because they can't run the .exe (besides through virtual machine), but you have to make the sources available to everyone. So either just distribute the .bat file, since it is it's own source, or just put the source up on a google code page or host it up some other means.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I intend to include the bat file with it in a source folder (the source for the last version can be downloaded in a previous post or in the hacksden thread). I just wanted to make sure that he didn't mind me bundling Sharpii in an exe as long as I give him credit for it.

Edit: I would like my questions answered from post #111 if anybody knows.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
if it is a .bat file but you are bundling sharpii with it then sharpii's sources need to be made available too. It does not matter if it is included inside your compile bat2exe or not. If you bundle it then you need to make those sources available.

I'm sure that there are more details and such, but that is at least as far as I know.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
if it is a .bat file but you are bundling sharpii with it then sharpii's sources need to be made available too. It does not matter if it is included inside your compile bat2exe or not. If you bundle it then you need to make those sources available.

I'm sure that there are more details and such, but that is at least as far as I know.
Now I have to include both my source AND sharpii's source? >.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to v1.2. Here are the changes:
  • Added some color
  • The window size is fixed
  • It now has a title and credit is given to person66 for Sharpii
  • It now checks to make sure you entered a valid IP address
  • Instead of automatically saving a new IP, you are prompted if you want to change it or not
  • Added a little threat/easter egg
  • Cleaned up some useless code
  • Added a lot of notes to the source code
  • The version number is now shown
SendWad v1.2
SendWad v1.2 Source

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I just updated to v1.2. Here are the changes:
  • Added some color
  • The window size is fixed
  • It now has a title and credit is given to person66 for Sharpii
  • It now checks to make sure you entered a valid IP address
  • Instead of automatically saving a new IP, you are prompted if you want to change it or not
  • Added a little threat/easter egg
  • Cleaned up some useless code
  • Added a lot of notes to the source code
  • The version number is now shown
SendWad v1.2
SendWad v1.2 Source
Did you mean to say treat? Or are you threatening me? :P

PS. don't forget to give credit to Canada since person66 is Canadian :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users