XP
Country

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Let's leave AHBPROT flag alone. I've been tested a lot on dop-mii. Without it I bet most newer ios stubbed wiis wouldn't even be unlocked. (hackmii installer..?)

Of course, the network bug should be fixed from HBC, but why to blame someone? I'm quite grateful with the improvements and the exploitable abilities recently discovered on the wii.

english: Stop bitching, heck even great developers put a lot on effort improving and improving, and end-users just bitch about "stability", "bricks", etc. Say, don't developers warn you about the unstability of any homebrew may lead to brick? Who's put a gun in your back to mod your wii like this?.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HackMii Installer probably doesn't use the IOS runtime patching code found in nearly every app that uses AHBPROT, seeing as that was written by the authors of DOP-Mii (I think. Either DOP-Mii or FTPii).

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The exact same code? If so, then I guess the stability issues are unrelated to AHBPROT.
Not the exact same code, but code that serves the same purpose. It sounds like you're blaming random app crashes on AHBPROT simply because those apps happen to use it. That's like saying red cars are faulty because people who drive red cars occasionally crash.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The exact same code? If so, then I guess the stability issues are unrelated to AHBPROT.
Not the exact same code, but code that serves the same purpose. It sounds like you're blaming random app crashes on AHBPROT simply because those apps happen to use it. That's like saying red cars are faulty because people who drive red cars occasionally crash.
Well Dop-Mii seems to be the only app that hasn't stabled out since everybody added AHBPROT.

Btw, earlier when I said "AHBPROT is extremely unstable since they added AHBPROT support.", that was silly typo (doesn't even make sense, lol). I meant "Dop-Mii is extremely unstable since they added AHBPROT support." I cannot prove that it's what caused the instability issue. It does seem like an odd coincidence that it happened to start failing at the same time AHBPROT support was added.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I am still trying to add AHBPROT support for those who want it, although I may just have to give up on it. I managed to get past the ticket install fine, but then it got an error on installing the title (ret -1029). I have no clue what that error means, but obviously something is wrong... Oh well. Any other suggestions for new features, or changes?

Also, for what its worth, I have never had any problems with DOP-Mii while using AHBPROT.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That normally means you're trying to install a korean title on a non-korean wii (or more likely, your fakesigning algorithm is making it mistakenly look like a korean title).

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, after comparing my source code to the one used in WiiMod, I found my problem. Now AHBPROT seems to be working.

I would like it if someone else could please test this as well, just post your results here.
Download - Sharpii 1.6 beta 1

Just use "Sharpii SendWad -ip [ip address] -wad [wadfile] -ahb"

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the ahbprot feature? It is nothing special, 99.9% of it is just code stolen from WiiMod, but I am glad you like it! :yaywii:

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
What the ahbprot feature? It is nothing special, 99.9% of it is just code stolen from WiiMod, but I am glad you like it! :yaywii:
just being able to install a wad like that through ftp, it's pretty cool :D
I'm mostly glad that it can support IOS installs. Channel installs have been possible through apps like CustomizeMii, but I get tired of moving wads to my HDD each time I want to install different cIOS's revisions/bases (have to for testing).

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to install more than one wad over wifi? Because I just tested the newest beta and the feature works very well, still it would be a great addition if you could install more than one wad at a time.

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to install more than one wad over wifi? Because I just tested the newest beta and the feature works very well, still it would be a great addition if you could install more than one wad at a time.
Possible? Yes. But more than one file means more data to be sent to the HBC at once. I am not sure if the homebrew channel has a limit, the highest I have tried is 8mb, and even that took a while.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know the latest beta is working, and thanks everyone for the feedback :)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, after comparing my source code to the one used in WiiMod, I found my problem. Now AHBPROT seems to be working.

I would like it if someone else could please test this as well, just post your results here.

Any chance of setting up a Sharpii environment variable for the IP address?

person66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Any chance of setting up a Sharpii environment variable for the IP address?
Sure, just added that in, I just have to test it a bit, then I will upload 1.6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs