Not open for further replies.

severo16

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
DTGS: How does it fail?

AtomBlaster said:
Hey. I'm trying to send a Celebi to my SS through this method, but I never get it. Here's what I did.

1. I moved all of the pokemon I need in SS to my party in my Pt. rom and then use PokeSAV to save the .pkm files to my desktop.
2. I drag the celebi file to sendpkm.py, and the window opens, telling me to set my DNS to 127.0.0.1.
3. On my DSi, I set the DNS to 192.168.0.4 (even though it said 127.0.0.1).
4. I get on SS and go to the GTS, then try to connect, but it says I cannot connect to the GTS.

So yeah. Any suggestions? O-o
Tell us everything you know about the internet in your home, including the models of the modem and router.

Why don't you put the dns adress your pc tells you to?

AtomBlaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
severo16 said:
Rydian said:
DTGS: How does it fail?

AtomBlaster said:
Hey. I'm trying to send a Celebi to my SS through this method, but I never get it. Here's what I did.

1. I moved all of the pokemon I need in SS to my party in my Pt. rom and then use PokeSAV to save the .pkm files to my desktop.
2. I drag the celebi file to sendpkm.py, and the window opens, telling me to set my DNS to 127.0.0.1.
3. On my DSi, I set the DNS to 192.168.0.4 (even though it said 127.0.0.1).
4. I get on SS and go to the GTS, then try to connect, but it says I cannot connect to the GTS.

So yeah. Any suggestions? O-o
Tell us everything you know about the internet in your home, including the models of the modem and router.

Why don't you put the dns adress your pc tells you to?
Because the DSi won't accept 127.0.0.1

AtomBlaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
IT DOESN'T WORK ON A RETAIL CART OF SOULSILVER OR HEARTGOLD.

They use NAND storage, which makes it impossible to edit the save file.
THANK YOU. That's all someone had to say. Now I need to find ANOTHER way to get pokemon onto my SS that doesn't require more than 1 DS.

AtomBlaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Nadrian, this doesn't edit the save file. This sends the data wirelessly, and it works for my actual soulsilver cart.

Hold on a bit and I'll make a video of it.
Not to get technical, but aren't the Pokemon you obtain PART of the save file?
tongue.gif

Drake5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I use this without an internet connection? I want to bypass the router and get it straight from my lap top. Also 127.x.x.x is for testing your device, the signal doesn't leave it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
AtomBlaster said:
Rydian said:
Nadrian, this doesn't edit the save file. This sends the data wirelessly, and it works for my actual soulsilver cart.

Hold on a bit and I'll make a video of it.
Not to get technical, but aren't the Pokemon you obtain PART of the save file?
tongue.gif
Part of a save file, PKM files are interchangeable between any generation-4 game. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, and Soulsilver all use the same format for their pokemon data (which is why you can trade between them).

QUOTE(Drake5 @ Mar 21 2010, 06:24 PM)
How can I use this without an internet connection? I want to bypass the router and get it straight from my lap top. Also 127.x.x.x is for testing your device, the signal doesn't leave it.
Can your laptop's wireless act as an access point for other devices? You need to have the devices on the same network in order for the DS to try to communicate with your laptop.

It works on the soulsilver game cart, here's the vid I made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h06fPGHEjc
Just finished uploading that, it's not processed yet so you may have to wait a few before watching it.

YottaByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works like a charm. For those who have the problem where the cmd prompt just comes up and then instantly disapears, make sure you have Python 2.6.xxx (whatever one is the latest on the python website). I had 3.1.xxx and I thought that would work, but nope. These files were made for Python 2.6, so you/we must use the 2.6 versions of Python.

Now all we need is a way to upload your retail Pokémon to .pkm files, so we can modify them easily
smile.gif

DTGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I did everything the instructions told me... I get "Unable to Connect... Error 52100, while when I have Auto-Obtain DNS on I can connect and whatnot. Also, I did the Windows Firewall thing to allow python...etc. Doesn't work. This is only on HG though. On Plat it works fine.

So yeah...

ZetraEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this add to the GTS count? As in, will it increase the amount of searches you find in the real GTS? Also, since you're accepting a pokemon technically, would something that requires trade to evolve, evolve?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DTGS said:
BTW, so you have to send them one by one right? Like Exit... reenter?As far as I know, yes. Also, how did you get it working?

ZetraEX said:
Does this add to the GTS count? As in, will it increase the amount of searches you find in the real GTS?What? No, it sends it from your computer to your DS when you log into the GTS, just as if a trade had completed when you weren't logged in. It's never actually on the real GTS.

QUOTE(ZetraEX @ Mar 21 2010, 08:52 PM)
Also, since you're accepting a pokemon technically, would something that requires trade to evolve, evolve?
I assume so, since they evolve after the trade animation is finished as your game was tricked into thinking it's a real trade.

DTGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I got it working because I would start up the game first... then do the Send PKM thing

Reconcilliation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a WRT54GL router with DD-WRT installed on it, and I haven't had any luck either.

The Python script seems to think my address is 127.0.0.1 for whatever reason, while ipconfig outputs my default gateway as 192.168.1.1 with the actual computer address on the network being 192.168.1.112; Not a single one of these addresses works.

I tried going into the access restrictions and enabling DMZ on 192.168.1.112, but that didn't work either, and the Python program was added to the Windows Firewall exceptions list the first time I launched it.

I've got no idea what to do or how to get this to work properly.

Edit: The .pkm file I've been trying to upload is from here: http://www.pkmdb.com/DL/PKM/kyogre.pkm in case this is what the problem is.
Edit2: Also when I try to connect to 192.168.1.1 I'll end up connecting to the real GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu