Not open for further replies.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Demonbart said:
AFAIK there's no dns option when using the wifi usb connector, so is there any way to get this great method to work if you only have a wifi usb connector of wpa2-encrypted interwebs?
You can mod your WiFi USB Connector so it becomes a SoftAP, tutorial's over here
That doesn't work on Vista or 7, and of the several times I tried it on XP issues with the drivers would cause my machine to continually restart itself. Not exactly optimal. Just see my earlier post in this thread; 10x easier.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
oxenh said:
the program keep saying that put the 127.0.0.1...
is something there to fix this?Start - Run - "ipconfig" without the quotes, press enter, take a screenshot for us.

QUOTE(The Composer @ Mar 19 2010, 12:46 PM) I tried on a Pearl retail cart and it works fine.
Then I tried this on a HeartGold retail cart and it's not working. Any help?
Using the same PKM file?

Knighty

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Poryhack said:
I've used this program with my WiFi USB Connector by starting the program then changing my own IP address to the one it gives me. You need to change it back afterwords but it's better than nothing.
How do you do this?

Admiral_Ackbar6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here is my error message, any suggestions? Running windows 7 x64 with python 2.6.5 for 64 bit operating systems. Thanks.
errorjq.png

Supakitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the very same error as Ackbar up there. I'm on Windows 7, 32-bit, with Python 2.6.5. Does it matter where the *.py files and *.pkm file are located, perhaps?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Admiral: Restart your computer and then close EVERY program such as skype and apache, ANYTHING that uses the net, since if something else is trying to serve then the script can't start serving.

billy: use 192.168.1.100.

It should be telling you to change it to your computer's internal address, but on some computer's it's not picking up on the proper one to tell you.

billy33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got another problem >:|
If I have the auto-obtain DNS off and the address at 192.168.1.100, and I turn on the sendpkm it says
"Unable to connect to the GTS.
Returning to the reception counter."

And then if I turn the auto-obtain DNS back on I connect to the GTS just fine. I've tried using all the starters from Gen 1 and I'm completely sure they're all party pokemon with file size being 236 bytes.

Thanks for all your help, you guys are the best.

Zidane24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does GBAtemp have a database that I could submit pkm files to? I have been using pokesav for a long time and can make any pokemon flawless 100% legal; I figured I could help other people with this

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
billy33 said:
I've got another problem >:|
If I have the auto-obtain DNS off and the address at 192.168.1.100, and I turn on the sendpkm it says
"Unable to connect to the GTS.
Returning to the reception counter."

And then if I turn the auto-obtain DNS back on I connect to the GTS just fine. I've tried using all the starters from Gen 1 and I'm completely sure they're all party pokemon with file size being 236 bytes.

Thanks for all your help, you guys are the best.With auto-obtain on then it connects to the real GTS (which is why you're not sent anything), do you have any security/firewall software that would stop python from letting the script act as a server?

QUOTE(Zidane24 @ Mar 20 2010, 02:17 AM) Does GBAtemp have a database that I could submit pkm files to? I have been using pokesav for a long time and can make any pokemon flawless 100% legal; I figured I could help other people with this
No, GBATemp doesn't really focus on single games. There's other sites that have forums that will gladly accept them, though.

billy33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed everything on another computer without a firewall and it works great, thanks for all your help Rydian.

Shintek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Works great, thanks.
CycloDS (Latest Firmware), Pokemon Soul Silver Rom, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Python 2.x.x.

Supakitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Admiral_Ackbar6 said:
After doing a netstat, seems as if skype and this program were trying to use the same port. Closing skype seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the tip, appreciate it
smile.gif
Yeah, it's working fine for me after killing Skype as well. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really great program! It's nice to be able to EV train Pokemon with Pokesav and send them to a retail cart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.