SEGA release full Yakuza 6 game instead of demo

yakuza6.jpg

Yesterday saw the release of the Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Demo on the Playstation Store. Weighing in at 37GB, it was actually the full game but with content locked off until the official release on April 17th. The demo allows to play up until a certain point and keep any progress so that players can continue where they left off when the full game is unlocked. That was the plan. However, as SEGA informed us via twitter, they accidentally released the full, unlocked game to the american Playstation Store for a brief amount of time, which means that there are some players out there who got the full game for free. Of course, the game has since been pulled from the store.

:arrow: Source

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, if I was among those who downloaded the full game, I would not be courageous enough to play it as you never know how Sony will react.

If i had this demo and Sony banned my account for this i would be very cross and i would write a letter to Sony letter....

on how i would cut they dicks off and make them eat it and dance in they blood.

YOLO!

Reactions: WiiUBricker

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is a shame. I hope that people that downloaded this don't take advantage of it and in turn don't buy the game on release.
Erm...did you meant to say "...and in turn buy the game on release" instead? :unsure:

I mean...yes, someone made a stupid mistake on the demo. But why would that be a reason for fans of the game* to boycot a game? Dozens if not hundreds of people worked on it for years and had nothing to do with it. And..."no one should buy it because the game is too easy to pirate" is a dumb reason even to software pirate standards.

*it seems a solid assumption that mostly fans of the franchise will download 37 gigabytes on what they think is a demo

EDIT: nevermind: I totally misread the post. Sorry about that. :blush: (thanks @mr allen ).

Last edited by Taleweaver,

mr allen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm...did you meant to say "...and in turn buy the game on release" instead? :unsure:

I mean...yes, someone made a stupid mistake on the demo. But why would that be a reason for fans of the game* to boycot a game? Dozens if not hundreds of people worked on it for years and had nothing to do with it. And..."no one should buy it because the game is too easy to pirate" is a dumb reason even to software pirate standards.

*it seems a solid assumption that mostly fans of the franchise will download 37 gigabytes on what they think is a demo

He's talking about those who accidentally got it for free not buying the game, not those who boycott because they think they should get everything in life for free because someone else did.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...