Sega announces the Game Gear Micro

AXVMzui.png

SEGA has decided to unveil one of its projects related to its 60th-anniversary celebration. It's not the rumored Dreamcast Mini that some may have been dreaming of, but SEGA is releasing a retro throwback system, in the form of the absolutely tiny Game Gear Micro. The teaser website is scant on details, but more information is to come on June 3rd at 13:00 Japan Standard Time (GMT+9).

[UPDATE]

Pricing details and more information has been given. The Game Gear Micro will cost 4,980 yen, and is planned to release on October 6th in Japan. Multiple colors of the Micro will be sold, each with different games on them. The standard black version will have Sonic the Hedgehog, Puyo Puyo, OutRun, and Royal Stone. A blue variant will come with Sonic chaos, Gunstar Heroes, Sylvan Tale, and Baku Baku Animal. There is also a yellow one which has Shining Force Gaiden, Shining Force: The Sword of Haiya, Shining Force: Final Conflict, and Nazo Puyo Arle no Roux. Lastly, the red Game Gear Micro will come with Revelations: The Demon Slayer, Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special, Shinobi, and Columns. M2 is in charge of porting the games.

The Micro measures in at 80mm x 43mm x 40mm. It'll also run off AAA batteries, or can be charged through a USB cable. Since it's just so tiny, SEGA will also be selling the "Big Window Micro", a magnifier that clips on and makes the screen size larger.

:arrow: Source

Attachments

• 3678883-gamegear.jpg
    3678883-gamegear.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 283

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks too small. I doubt I could actually play this. Reminds me of the gameboy micro. Do japan really like everything tiny? :blink:

Unless there is games on there not on the 3DS eshop virtual console, can't see me buying one. It's basically like master system which wasn't a popular system where I'm from. I honestly only know about it from the sonic compilations including game gear games. (might want to release a compilation of the game gear games on switch) :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over