Sega announces the Game Gear Micro

AXVMzui.png

SEGA has decided to unveil one of its projects related to its 60th-anniversary celebration. It's not the rumored Dreamcast Mini that some may have been dreaming of, but SEGA is releasing a retro throwback system, in the form of the absolutely tiny Game Gear Micro. The teaser website is scant on details, but more information is to come on June 3rd at 13:00 Japan Standard Time (GMT+9).

[UPDATE]

Pricing details and more information has been given. The Game Gear Micro will cost 4,980 yen, and is planned to release on October 6th in Japan. Multiple colors of the Micro will be sold, each with different games on them. The standard black version will have Sonic the Hedgehog, Puyo Puyo, OutRun, and Royal Stone. A blue variant will come with Sonic chaos, Gunstar Heroes, Sylvan Tale, and Baku Baku Animal. There is also a yellow one which has Shining Force Gaiden, Shining Force: The Sword of Haiya, Shining Force: Final Conflict, and Nazo Puyo Arle no Roux. Lastly, the red Game Gear Micro will come with Revelations: The Demon Slayer, Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special, Shinobi, and Columns. M2 is in charge of porting the games.

The Micro measures in at 80mm x 43mm x 40mm. It'll also run off AAA batteries, or can be charged through a USB cable. Since it's just so tiny, SEGA will also be selling the "Big Window Micro", a magnifier that clips on and makes the screen size larger.

:arrow: Source

Attachments

• 3678883-gamegear.jpg
    3678883-gamegear.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 284

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Nintendo anounce the Gameboy Micro Micro?

Would be great if the GBA classic was just an OG model GBA with a proper backlight and loaded with the best 20 or 30 games. The OG GBA definitely had the best for factor of all Game Boy models, just a shame it never had a good backlight in that form factor.

Reactions: DarthDub

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEGA has decided to unveil one of its projects related to its 60th-anniversary celebration. It's not the rumored Dreamcast Mini that some may have been dreaming of, but SEGA is releasing a retro throwback system, in the form of the absolutely tiny Game Gear Micro. The teaser website is scant on details, but more information is to come on June 3rd at 13:00 Japan Standard Time (GMT+9).

:arrow: Source
the game gear kinda sucks ngl

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ya'll in here saying you'll buy it.. I'm over here questioning the thought process behind this. Why a micro? Why not make it as big as a GBA? The GB Micro was cool and all, but that small ass screen is not a positive. Pass.

Another thought. Why didn't they opt for a SEGA handheld with a retro library from their genesis/MD and gamegear/master system? This is so stupid.

They have been selling that handheld for years... is not very good.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They have been selling that handheld for years... is not very good.
They also had a terrible home console for years before they gave us the genesis mini. So, yeah. They should give the handheld another look.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i really hate tiny portables, my hands are too big as it stands, i can barely hold a new 3ds xl comfortably in my hands, why do you think i'd want something like this?
being able to fit it on my keychain..? i dont even have keys, so thats useless. if i wanted a portable handheld that could fit in my pocket and go everywhere i go... i'd just get a switch (lite)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol smoked wayyyy too much crack +1