Hacking Seeking advice. Sky3DS+, Gateway or CFW?

What's my best option?

• Stick with Sky3DS+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Downgrade to 9.2 and use Gateway now

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Wait for Gateway's 10.3 update and use it then

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Downgrade to 9.2, install CFW and use neither

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

m_babble

Elder Phantom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on N3DSXL 10.3.0.28U with Menuhax, Browserhax, Ironhax and Ninjhax (via Sky3DS+).
After Gateway's announcement about making it compatible with my firmware, I picked one up.
Now there is the option to downgrade and use the Gateway more immediately or go the CFW route and use neither(?).
Is there a pros and cons chart anywhere for these different routes?

Really I'd like to be able to play commercial backups & eShop exclusives, be able to apply available updates/DLC to them and take them online.

Thanks for any/all advice.

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I would say use CFW, but that's just in my case. I don't have a Sky3DS or a Gateway cart, so I am all for CFWs. However, you said that you already have Gateway, so you might as well use it. Pros/Cons, well most would say that CFW is free, but you already have a Gateway, cost really doesn't matter. Gateway also included a way to autoboot like CFWs were able to do so. It's really up to you at this point. The only problem with downgrading now is the chance of a brick. Personally, I was able to do it, but I have had experience with the program to downgrade, as I upgraded my other 3ds from 4.5 to 9.2. I knew that I had the correct files when I used it for my other 3ds that was running 10.3. Gateway's method still won't be 100% brick proof and could be messed up. I have given some things for you to think about, and I hope that if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Return/sell the Gateway. You don't really need it (unless you really want cheats and .3ds rom support)

You can downgrade and install CFW without it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?