Hardware SDIO card support?

norbyte

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I came across the idea to use an SD card that forwards all traffic to an USB device or anywhere else. I haven't found any kind of hardware because I didn't know what I have to look for, but then I came across the official "SD association": https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/isdio/wirelesslan/index.html

SDIO cards or iSDIO cards are exactly what I was searching for. For about $99 you can get an SD card that redirects the traffic to a wireless device / blootooth device or anything else and the other device is also able to send content back if authorized.

The main advantage is that you can have unlimited space on the SD card, but it requires another device for communication. But does the Wii U support such devices? And what are the disadvantages?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It really depends on how good it is at pretending to be a normal SD card. The Wii U wouldn't be designed to support such a solution, but as long as it can function as a normal fat-formatted SD card with reasonable response times it should be fine.

Reactions: norbyte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo