Micro SD Card Partitioning Issue - Nintendo Switch (Jailbroken)

ShortPlanet3058

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I'm facing a problem with my micro SD card that was previously used in my jailbroken Nintendo Switch. I'm hoping to find some guidance or advice on how to resolve it.

Background:I had a jailbroken Nintendo Switch and used a 64GB micro SD card with a custom partition setup. The card was divided into two partitions: one for the regular Switch system and another for the jailbroken setup. However, I have now replaced the micro SD card and it is no longer used in the console.

Issue:After replacing the micro SD card, I connected it to my computer using a card reader to use it as a general-purpose storage device. However, I noticed that the micro SD card's capacity is not fully available. It appears that a portion of the capacity is missing, and the previous partitioning setup seems to have affected it.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:I tried formatting and repartitioning the micro SD card using the Disk Management utility on Windows (or Disk Utility on macOS), but it didn't restore the full capacity. The computer recognizes the micro SD card, but it only shows a portion of its original size. I also attempted to delete existing partitions, create a new partition using the full available space, and format it with the appropriate file system, but the issue persists.

Request for Assistance:I'm reaching out to the forum for any suggestions or guidance on how to resolve this issue. Is there a way to recover the full capacity of the micro SD card and use it as a regular storage device again? Could there be any hidden partitions or proprietary file systems that I'm not aware of? Any insights or steps to resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Additional Information:

• The micro SD card is no longer used in the Nintendo Switch and has been replaced.
  • I understand the risks associated with modifying partitions on a jailbroken device and have already taken precautions by replacing the micro SD card.
Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto