Micro sd card reader - Switch Lite

Gamefreak001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch Lite that cannot read sd cards. I have tried different cards and still can’t read it. I get the following error message:

Error code 2016-0641 unable to access media

If I replace the micro sd reader, will that fix the issue or is there some kind of ic chip that I have to look at? The micro sd reader is soldered on the main circuit board, unlike the v1/v2 switch that can be easily replace.

Thank you.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a Switch Lite that cannot read sd cards. I have tried different cards and still can’t read it. I get the following error message:

If I replace the micro sd reader, will that fix the issue or is there some kind of ic chip that I have to look at? The micro sd reader is soldered on the main circuit board, unlike the v1/v2 switch that can be easily replace.

Thank you.
yeah the more possible culpable is the reader, try change it.

Reactions: Gamefreak001

Gamefreak001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replaced the sd card reader and that didn’t fix the issue. Something else is causing this issue, just don’t know which one to try.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replaced the sd card reader and that didn’t fix the issue. Something else is causing this issue, just don’t know which one to try.

On the switch lite , the sd card reader is soldered on to the board, if it is really the sd card reade problem you either have to desolder the sd card reader, replace it or get a new motherboard.

Gamefreak001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the switch lite , the sd card reader is soldered on to the board, if it is really the sd card reade problem you either have to desolder the sd card reader, replace it or get a new motherboard.
Already replaced the sd card reader an hour ago and that didn’t help fix the error.

What is this blue smd? I am comparing diode values between another working board and I am not getting any value at this component. I am getting 0v instead of 0.57v.

Attachments

• 0A46E821-839D-471F-A1D6-15F1E2FAB8F2.jpeg
    0A46E821-839D-471F-A1D6-15F1E2FAB8F2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already replaced the sd card reader an hour ago and that didn’t help fix the error.

What is this blue smd? I am comparing diode values between another working board and I am not getting any value at this component. I am getting 0v instead of 0.57v.

Sorry , don't know the specific component, don't own a switch lite anymore.

Disurb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Did you manage to solve the issue? I have the same problem and I‘m not sure if I should solder a new SD reader on the board or just buy a new board.
Btw, the blue component with the white dot (above the SD reader) is shorted for me as well.

Gamefreak001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you manage to solve the issue? I have the same problem and I‘m not sure if I should solder a new SD reader on the board or just buy a new board.
Btw, the blue component with the white dot (above the SD reader) is shorted for me as well.

This issue is still outstanding. I compared this board with a working one and something else is causing this, not the physical micro sd slot. I just don’t have enough electric engineering background to troubleshoot this. This will sit in my pile until I have more experience in troubleshooting.

Disurb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This issue is still outstanding. I compared this board with a working one and something else is causing this, not the physical micro sd slot. I just don’t have enough electric engineering background to troubleshoot this. This will sit in my pile until I have more experience in troubleshooting.
I also checked another Switch Lite board for comparison and on there the blue component is also shorted. How do you measure to get .57v ?

I also check the connection of all the 8 pins from the SD slot and they seem to be perfectly working. My switch has some other type of the SD slot where the pins are accessible from outside, so I’m able to check them.

My guess is that the 9th connector, which is supposed to be grounded once the SD card is inserted somehow isn’t working as intended and/or that something inside my SD slot is messing with this pin. And since I can’t figure out anything else, I think I‘m going to replace the slot and hope for the best.

Attachments

• IMG_5793.jpeg
    IMG_5793.jpeg
    505.1 KB · Views: 47

Kirstenp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you.
Could you let me know the website you found a micro SD card slot replacement because I'm having same issue and having the hardest time finding the replacement part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto