syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
o.O... Gamestop should give the user the choice of scribblenauts item give the person that preordered the game a notepad so they can write a word of the item they get =P

Frannyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
irpacynot said:
Keva said:
This game is full of glitches.. objects bouncing around, you bouncing off of objects etc.. the hit detection is off but its still a fun game
biggrin.gif

Yeah...I'm more inclined to call it poor design rather than glitches. The way they designed the A.I. and physics -- both being very simple -- the objects in the game often react is very frustrating ways. There was one puzzle, for instance, where all I had to do was wait for an object to slowly move out of the way (due to it being bound by the physics) in order to get to the starlite. It felt cheap.

I actually like the glitchy stuff. It adds up to the fun to me. They allow you to do things like this:
DSC_0001-1.jpg

domo kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the reviews are in and they are a bit dissapointing. Averaging like a 7.9 from most sites. I was hoping for DS GOTY but I guess nothings gonna beat ChinaTown Wars. I did notice the problems that IGN pointed out though. But still a great fun game.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, seriously, did anyone find a reliable solution for puzzle 4-9?

Your mission is to reunite a knight with the princess. The obstacles are a gap, a Behemoth, getting the knight to a higher level, and a Witch that you're not allowed to hurt.
The knight will follow you, but will only accept swords as weapon and will cut any rope or chain you attach to him.

The gap and the behemoth are easy. Drop a drawbridge and have the knight kill the monster.
Getting the knight to the top level is difficult and you cannot use the lame "helicopter + rope" trick, as he cuts the rope/chain. I managed to get him to the top using magnets and balloons and air vents, but nothing too original or reliable.. and once he's there, he kills the witch. Or the witch kills him.

I have thought about getting the princess down instead of the knight up.. but it doesn't seem to work.
I have found nothing that, er, disables the witch.
Getting the knight to the top level is very difficult.

Any ideas?

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
You can simply jump to get through the gap. Then invoke God to kill the behemot. Now invoke both Pterodactyl and Chain. Make the Pterodactyl pick up the chain, then ride him and go to the tower where is the princess. Then attach the chain to the princess, and move all the way back to the knight. Level solved
wink.gif

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put the princess in a vehicle first, and she can't get hit by the wand. of course watch out for hitting the witch, enough force from a vehicle will kill her

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, it's been no different from most other DS games. Oberhyped. I think it'll be some great game but after 10 minutes, I got bored with it. Maybe if the camera didn't auto-focus on the hero after 3 seconds I'd have been a bit more impressed. But once you get past the item feature, I realize I could be playing this on Kongregate for free or something.

Oh, and thanks for forcing people to log in to see the forums. I only wanted to see if a new AKAIO had been released but couldn't even do THAT without logging in. Elitists.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell if you are being serious or not, but making you log in does in no way make the site a bunch of "Elitists". It's not like you have to pay for your account, or do anything aside from typing two words. Also you are viewing their site with their information on it. They have every right to make you log in.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flashbangs are cool...

and you can make a LHC and interact with it to make a black hole, which destroys everything on the level like a nuke or tsunami.

yeah, if only this game had an online level database, or a limit on using the same items. then it would be a much more balanced game, since after it's beaten through easy means, all that's left to do is solve the levels 3 more times (which one could even be the way it was solved before) or try to make any little item you can think of, which was the original novelty of the game. so overall the main flaw of this game was not implementing the novelty of making any item into a substantial playing experience

Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
IGN has "Another Take" negative recap of the game up on their site:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/102/1029671p1.html

I don't agree with all of the writer's sentiments, but here's my own take: Controlling Maxwell with the stylus was the wrong decision. There should have been a mix of d-pad and stylus controls, especially with a game like this that is marketed primarily towards children. The controls are frustrating and 99% of this game's challenge is not in word choices but in working around it's own physics and controls.

Take for instance the flying situation. It might be a problem with my DS, but I doubt it, but wings and jetpack don't work anymore. I put them on and I fly up and then drop like a rock instantly. The only things that seem to work are helicopters or a Pegasus. For some reason they seem to allow me to hover to do things like shoot at targets or open objects while wings and jetpacks don't.

There are at least 5 levels so far that I've counted where I won simply by running to the right. I didn't need to scribble anything. I didn't need to even take notice of what was happening on the screen. I just ran right and won, even if that meant me running through or over huge rolling boulders and barricades. The hit detection and physics in this game are pretty spotty at best.

When the "ultimate action level cheat" hit GameFAQs, I used it. I should never have an urge to cheat at a game that I enjoy, but I did anyways because the action levels are a frustrating mix of poor controls and the game just plain telling you how to do things.

If they want to improve things for a Scribblenauts 2, which I hope they are able to make, they need to consider the following:

* Use the D-Pad to control Maxwell and any vehicle or object he's riding on at the time.

* Work on the Physics engine.

* Remove the stupid "Par" system or only introduce it in the advanced puzzle mode. It cripples creativity and entices the player to fall back on a handful of godmode words like "Jetpack," "Chain," or "Atom Bomb."

* Expand the amount of unlockables to feature greater customization of your character to give players a reason to play past level 4, when they can unlock all the avatars and songs.

This one is a pipedream but I figure I'll add it:

* Instead of an action mode, make a traditional platform game mode where you have to get through levels by scribbling in items, kind of like Kirby Canvas Curse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q