Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
... well i hope someone create a server for monster hunter tri because i couldnt play it online :(

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, with those cheated times I cant find out in what format the time is transmitted. Can you dump any ghost data download with a few correct times (> 1 minute)? Or is every timetable for every track spammed with such impossible times?

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, with those cheated times I cant find out in what format the time is transmitted. Can you dump any ghost data download with a few correct times (> 1 minute)? Or is every timetable for every track spammed with such impossible times?

I will try grabbing another dump with some better times. (Should have it up by tonight.)

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States

New dump is online! I did Regional Rankings this time, and I logged the top champion ghost download (Which seemed to have failed), and the Top 10 Player Rankings.
The times are pretty good, they don't seem to be cheated.

http://awesomemariofan.com/dumps

Svetlana

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to use a computer with a wired connection and a wifi card as a passthrough for packet sniffing? I have both a Wii and a DS I can run backups on and I would be willing to help gather data from any game that's still needed, but I don't think I have the hardware to collect packets. Sorry if this was already asked somewhere, I couldn't find it.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use a computer with a wired connection and a wifi card as a passthrough for packet sniffing? I have both a Wii and a DS I can run backups on and I would be willing to help gather data from any game that's still needed, but I don't think I have the hardware to collect packets. Sorry if this was already asked somewhere, I couldn't find it.
If you wifi card supports AP mode (has a lot of different names, sometimes it's called SoftAP) then you can do it from your computer. TiroDvD made a YouTube guide that walks you through setting one up.

Svetlana

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you wifi card supports AP mode (has a lot of different names, sometimes it's called SoftAP) then you can do it from your computer. TiroDvD made a YouTube guide that walks you through setting one up.
I have a TL-WN751ND card, I just installed the utility which has a SoftAP mode but it will only let me pick WPA2 for security, not even disable it, sadly. At least Wii games will still work, I guess.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Some questions:
* Is there any user that collect all dumps?
* Is there anyone, who manage the dumps (game and scenarios) and notifies about missing dumps?
* Have anyone started with the analysis of the dumps?

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some questions:
* Is there anyone, who manage the dumps (game and scenarios) and notifies about missing dumps?
I am collecting dumps myself through the site, but because I don't know about the online functionality of all the games I collect for, I can't say what functionality is missing or not. For the games I have I try to collect as much as I can but for some things like friendcode games it can be difficult, especially since my capture setup seems to drop DS-to-DS connections if they're both using the same access point.

There is one person who has contacted me who was working on analysis in the Pokemon games, I'll see if I can get some of the work they've done so far. Other than that I've just been looking at some of the dumps briefly.

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
Some questions:

I have been collecting as many dumps as I can. The reason why I have been not going fast is that I am currently not sure why we are taking normal Wii console dumps. Are these useful? As far as I know you can't decrypt them without the private SSL key, which we will never have. (I was working on Dolphin SSL decrypted ones instead.)

I've been going off of people posting here and requesting for them.

One person above started analysis with one of my dumps (The MKWii leaderboards download).

Svetlana

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So by using that DNS, everything I play through WFC will be logged by you?

If that's the case, I can gladly set up my Wii and my DS with that DNS and play a bunch of games for data.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
So by using that DNS, everything I play through WFC will be logged by you?

If that's the case, I can gladly set up my Wii and my DS with that DNS and play a bunch of games for data.
No, Only the connections to gpcm + gpsp.gs.nintendowifi.net will be redirected. Both are relevant for friend code managing.
Follow the link of above and read.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?