Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
I was having a problem only with the special Dolphin Emulator w/ SSL build. I have to attempt loading the game ~15 times before it shows up, I've tried different configurations as well. I also have different versions of Dolphin, and they all work fine, and I know my computer can handle it.
I can still take dumps, and actually I have one done already, just takes a while to get the game loaded up to start.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany

agentms11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About Super Smash Bros Brawl: "Actual rounds are entirely P2P. Nintendo servers just handle matchmaking."

Does this mean that I don't use the servers if I connect with a Friend Code?
I.e. if I have someone's friend code, would I still be able to play with them after the servers go down?

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, you'll always need the server. This only means that during the game only a few keep-alive-packets are sent to the server.

namine207

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My computer isn't able to run dolphin well, could anyone get the packet data for Nights: Journey of Dreams? I'd hate to see this game go offline forever.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y'all need to look at this. Some potentially groundbreaking progress has been made on private servers for wii over at the Monster Hunter Tri Private server project site:

http://www.sufami.org/thread.php?board=8&thema=23&page=1

Any thoughts on this as to its utility for a private Nintendo WFC?

Again, that link is inoperative and gives a "Access to this server is forbidden from your client" error

Edit: Some people's IP addresses are blacklisted. Using a proxy works just fine.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y'all need to look at this. Some potentially groundbreaking progress has been made on private servers for wii over at the Monster Hunter Tri Private server project site:

http://www.sufami.org/thread.php?board=8&thema=23&page=1

Any thoughts on this as to its utility for a private Nintendo WFC?
The MKW people were already working on injecting their own SSL certificate, so hopefully this will be helpful to them. Don't know what he means by it being easier to crack though. A common serial number isn't really a cryptographic weakness since the serial number isn't used in any cryptographic operations. It's just something the CA uses to identify certs and is used in certificate revocation lists to point out compromised certs. (Which I doubt the Wii checks. All the dumps so far don't show any traffic to any CRLs.)

HAARP-GE 007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys ...after much trying to get set up9Thank you Toad King for all your help) to capture packets unsuccessfully and finding out that my CFW Router will just not support the capture process I just wanted to put it out there if anyone could please help capturing packets from Goldeneye 007 , I would be eternally grateful if someone could help ...thank you

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've already mentioned this to someone on IRC, your best bet is to replace the SSL module of IOS.

It only has a few functions to emulate ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki//dev/net/ssl ) and this way you wouldn't have to patch any game code or inject certificates, or even spoof DNS.

The socket functions are implemented in libogc so this would be mostly copy&paste.

This way you can also capture traffic unencrypted.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, it's amazing how many people are bothered by a simple y'all.

So anyway, did y'all look at it and what did y'all think?
Not to derail but just to answer your question - I think most people are bothered by y'all because it's grammatically embarrassing and makes the speaker sound ignorant. That's my reason anyway :teach:

Regarding your link, yesterday it loaded up but I didn't have a chance to review it. Today it seems to be not working, though that could be the work firewall blocking my freedom.

Edit: It wants a user name and password now, which is why it didn't load up

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already mentioned this to someone on IRC, your best bet is to replace the SSL module of IOS.

It only has a few functions to emulate ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki//dev/net/ssl ) and this way you wouldn't have to patch any game code or inject certificates, or even spoof DNS.

The socket functions are implemented in libogc so this would be mostly copy&paste.

This way you can also capture traffic unencrypted.
Right now we already have a couple ways of getting unencrypted traffic (Dolphin, game-specific hacks) and the only encrypted part of most games is the authentication, which is common across games and we already have a good amount of dumps for. The only other encrypted servers I found were download servers that have an almost identical API as the authentication ones. IOS patching will help in getting actual custom servers up and running, but DNS spoofing will still be necessary for all the unencrypted servers used in games.

I assume that with HW_AHBPROT IOS can be patched at runtime so it should be safe enough to do. All that has to be done is make a patch that can work on all the IOS versions games use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1