Hacking Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you . I found today my router doesnt support CFW ..so I have ordered one that does to be with me in a couple of days than I will start ...I just have a few more questions that I need to ask
1: when recording the data ...is it best to do in single or a couple of games at a time ...disconnect ..then reconnect ...or is it ok to record continuously in a session of online play ..ie: i sometimes play for 2-3 hours a time at least daily ?

2: Does the data recording have to be done just using Wii and genuine Goldeneye 007 game disc ...or is it ok to do this when loading from USB Loader ?

3: how many Data recording session would you ideally like ? once set up this week ..I am happy to do as much as you need to help

Ive also mentioned it to someone much more knowledgeable than myself who uses puTTy etc already and he is happy to Data collect also for you project
1. Disconnecting/reconnecting can give us more data on the login process, so try doing that.
2. It shouldn't matter if it's from a genuine disc or not.
3. As much as you can, but variety is important. Try to get packets from different parts of online play, like friend matches and such.

Also, I've noticed some builds of DD-WRT don't have the ipt_ROUTE module installed, so make sure yours can. I know for a fact that an ASUS RT-N16 running EasyTomato (my setup) can do it.

Reactions: Margen67

HAARP-GE 007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Disconnecting/reconnecting can give us more data on the login process, so try doing that.
2. It shouldn't matter if it's from a genuine disc or not.
3. As much as you can, but variety is important. Try to get packets from different parts of online play, like friend matches and such.

Also, I've noticed some builds of DD-WRT don't have the ipt_ROUTE module installed, so make sure yours can. I know for a fact that an ASUS RT-N16 running EasyTomato (my setup) can do it.
i hope i have ordered the right thing then :-/ ..i looked on the DD-WRT site to make sure there was a support for the router I've ordered and there is ...so when it comes i will have to see

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope i have ordered the right thing then :-/ ..i looked on the DD-WRT site to make sure there was a support for the router I've ordered and there is ...so when it comes i will have to see
What specific model did you buy? I know the WRT54G is widely supported enough to probably have it, and Tomato CFWs should have the module needed.

HAARP-GE 007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What specific model did you buy? I know the WRT54G is widely supported enough to probably have it, and Tomato CFWs should have the module needed.
I just ordered a tp-link740n as I saw on the DD-WRT site it was supported, if I've got the wrong thing I will try get hold of what you recommended,
I'm kinda struggling here as never done anything more than switch on a PC or games console and used it casually , but I'm desperate to try get you the GE 007 data ... But I feel I may be out of my depth :-/

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered a tp-link740n as I saw on the DD-WRT site it was supported, if I've got the wrong thing I will try get hold of what you recommended,
I'm kinda struggling here as never done anything more than switch on a PC or games console and used it casually , but I'm desperate to try get you the GE 007 data ... But I feel I may be out of my depth :-/
It looks like that router has OpenWRT support so if DD-WRT doesn't have the module you have other choices: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr740n

whatupdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is freaking awesome. Wish someone had the foresight to do this when Monster Hunter Tri was going offline. Unfortunately with my current setup I can't contribute packet dumps, but can anyone grab some from Animal Crossing City Folk? Would be a shame to lose that little gem from the wfc library. Thanks and be strong everyone!

PS: How does wii speak factor into all of this? Seems like a useful thing to have for some games.

Reactions: gburgue

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is freaking awesome. Wish someone had the foresight to do this when Monster Hunter Tri was going offline. Unfortunately with my current setup I can't contribute packet dumps, but can anyone grab some from Animal Crossing City Folk? Would be a shame to lose that little gem from the wfc library. Thanks and be strong everyone!

PS: How does wii speak factor into all of this? Seems like a useful thing to have for some games.
Hhow about if we add friend codes? Mine is:4986-9116-4234

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Creating Dumps is one thing, but knowing what happens in the game is very important. So it is very important to write either a good log or to capture the video and archive video and dump together. The video itself can be reduces in pixel size, quality and fps (I use 15 fps). It is only important to know, what happened at what relative time

Reactions: Coto

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I worked on reverse engineering the Forecast Channel/News Channel a bit over here (http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-channel-reverse-engineering-results.362973/), and I would be glad to help wherever possible with this project. I'm glad that we have prior notice to the shutdown.
I am currently trying to analyse Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and I will attempt to provide as many packet dumps as I can. If there are any games in the Nintendo shutdown list that you need packet dumps for the most I will do my best to log them.

Edit: Link was incorrect.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I worked on reverse engineering the Forecast Channel/News Channel a bit over here (http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-channel-reverse-engineering-results.362973/0), and I would be glad to help wherever possible with this project. I'm glad that we have prior notice to the shutdown.
I am currently trying to analyse Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and I will attempt to provide as many packet dumps as I can. If there are any games in the Nintendo shutdown list that you need packet dumps for the most I will do my best to log them.
Cool, we can use all the help we can.

Right now there's another group analyzing MKWii over here: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board42-kreativitaet/board329-mkw-server-project-english/
So far they're working on getting more comprehensive dumps of data to work on, but have discovered some previous work done on GameSpy-hosted games. From what I noticed in my dumps in that for some parts of the game, a similar protocol is used. Might be worth looking at for a start.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you looking for all games for all regions? i can try to help i got a lot of disk laying around somewhere... let me look and see what i got.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs