Status
Not open for further replies.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in need of at least one, maybe two or three editors to help with the project. There is a large amount of editing needed for the new content coming in v0.3, it is significantly behind the translating because we are lacking active editors.

You must have decent knowledge of the English (American) language including grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary. Just being able to speak the language is not enough. Prior work involving writing is a definite plus. I must see some kind of example of your writing, if you cannot do this then I will not be able to add you to the team. You must have time to commit to the project, I'm sick of editors that don't pull their own weight.

If you can fill this role, please contact me through a PM here at GBAtemp or at the CN forums. I have a large winter storm coming into my area today and it will last for a few days, which may affect my Internet connection. Do not expect a response until early next week, as I may be unable to respond until then.

The sooner this (or these) roles are filled, the sooner we can get v0.3 released.

Stealth Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For future reference you should post a new link megaupload or something else to patch .26 as the one on the first post no longer exists.

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We are getting closer and closer to a new release. Its going to be V1.0 and will have much more than the other patches put together. Hope you guys enjoy it when we release it soon
biggrin.gif

Kishu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MHaven said:
We are getting closer and closer to a new release. Its going to be V1.0 and will have much more than the other patches put together. Hope you guys enjoy it when we release it soon
biggrin.gif

Wait, so V1.0 is the compeleted translation?

heratio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No up to the 4th world I believe (Apollos world)

Just a side question, should the saves be compatible between all the different versions?

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Kishu said:
MHaven said:
biggrin.gif

Wait, so V1.0 is the compeleted translation?

As taken from the site:
v1.0 will include:

- All dialogue, both for the main story and side quests (and yes, all of the NPCs) up until Apollo’s World (Fourth World) translated.
- All items, abilities, equipment, etc. translated.
- All menus, fully translated.
- All “journal” entries (Main Event, Sub Event, Memos) translated.
- Battle system fully translated.
- Meat Dictionary fully translated.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of absurd to even think that v1.0 would have everything completed. The DS remake of SaGa 2 has a lot more sub events. Most of the dialogue in the game has multiple versions because what NPCs and characters say changes depending on your team name and even your race. The dialogue you get for being a family-based team name is fairly different than if your a rival-based team name.

abandon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i figure this is probably the best place to post this question...

what i want to know is if anyone has a real idea of what's going on with the AP in this particular title.
using an R4 and a clean rom, i lock up during the transition after the hero comments on his father leaving through windows.
i've found both a patcher and a manual hex edit (for the packed .nds file) which will bypass that scene, but has a chance to lock up during other transitions or when calling certain text such as the transition from a battle to the field map or when a character increases a stat.
if i run the clean rom in an emulator, it doesn't lock up when the hero's father leaves in the beginning, but will lock up randomly during transitions.

what i'd really like is to know how to address this while the rom is unpacked (as opposed to something done to the .nds file after packing). i just started working on a translation, and it's frustrating to not be able to advance far in the game to verify text due to AP issues. so, if anyone here knows about how the AP functions, or where i could go to find that out, please please please let me know.

thanks in advance~!

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abandon said:

what i want to know is if anyone has a real idea of what's going on with the AP in this particular title.
using an R4 and a clean rom, i lock up during the transition after the hero comments on his father leaving through windows.
i've found both a patcher and a manual hex edit (for the packed .nds file) which will bypass that scene, but has a chance to lock up during other transitions or when calling certain text such as the transition from a battle to the field map or when a character increases a stat.
if i run the clean rom in an emulator, it doesn't lock up when the hero's father leaves in the beginning, but will lock up randomly during transitions.

what i'd really like is to know how to address this while the rom is unpacked (as opposed to something done to the .nds file after packing). i just started working on a translation, and it's frustrating to not be able to advance far in the game to verify text due to AP issues. so, if anyone here knows about how the AP functions, or where i could go to find that out, please please please let me know.

thanks in advance~!
A suggestion- R4 is completely outdated and even if you manage to fix this issue, it will persist with countless other current and future releases. Get a new flashcart.

If you're that persistant, use this R4 ROM compatibility guide here: http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list

slimemachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem as abandon

so if the anti-piracy fix is already built-in the patch then this issue is only for R4 and some other cards?

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, does anyone know how far into the game the story is translated? Like a few hours, etc

Azeral

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abandon said:

thanks in advance~!

I am actually having this same problem on an R4 running YSMenu (that is to say, the game freezing at the transition after parental escape). Yes, it's outdated, yes I should replace it just as that man should, but a friend of mine on a Cyclo is having it, as well. Thus, this cannot be exclusive to said card, though there are reports from other Cyclo users of being able to both load their saves and play the game normally, so... there must be some crucial difference here. The ROMs are 128 megabytes and thus should be clean (I even tried using a different one to be sure it was a good dump), we've using the same patch and applied it independently... I don't know. It is a mystery. Perhaps someone else can elucidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo