(rumour) Xbox 720 hardware detailed - Report

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Exactly my point. That much power will cause the console to overheat within minutes! What will be helpful if Microsoft install a cooling system that won't cause the consumer to go broke.
It's not "power" that overheats a console, it's retarded design that overheats a console. Do high-end PC's overheat within minutes? No, because someone took care of the cooling properly and didn't locate the RAM around the hot CPU for no apparent reason like the idiot who did it on the initial XBox 360'ties.

If the cooling is done correctly, it could have even more power and no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: Rydian

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's not "power" that overheats a console, it's retarded design that overheats a console. Do high-end PC's overheat within minutes? No, because someone took care of the cooling properly and didn't locate the RAM around the hot CPU for no apparent reason like the idiot who did it on the initial XBox 360'ties.

If the cooling is done correctly, it could have even more power and no issues whatsoever.
That's why the Wii never over heats, they were smart.

But if we talk about the Red rings of death...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's why the Wii never over heats, they were smart.

But if we talk about the Red rings of death...
Excuse me? I've heard of several instances of the Wii's GPU overheating and dying or at least artifacting, thank you very much. All hardware is susceptible to failure, especially early models which aren't perfected yet. Making your console severely underpowered is not being smart at all.

Also, the whole RROD/YLOD issue is greatly overblown out of proportion - only the initial revisions of the 360/PS3 suffered from overheating. That, and mostly when the user was a complete dumbass and covered the vents in the first place and played the console during a sandstorm.

Reactions: Qtis

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Excuse me? I've heard of several instances of the Wii's GPU overheating and dying or at least artifacting, thank you very much. All hardware is susceptible to failure, especially early models which aren't perfected yet. Making your console severely underpowered is not being smart at all.

Also, the whole RROD/YLOD issue is greatly overblown out of proportion - only the initial revisions of the 360/PS3 suffered from overheating. That, and mostly when the user was a complete dumbass and covered the vents in the first place and played the console during a sandstorm.
I never knew about that, mostly because I'm not dumb enough to cover the vents, I played on my Wii for 2 days straight and, yes it was hot, but it was working fine and not overheating at all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I never knew about that, mostly because I'm not dumb enough to cover the vents, I played on my Wii for 2 days straight and, yes it was hot, but it was working fine and not overheating at all.
I'm not questioning whether or not your Wii overheats - what I'm saying is that some early Wii's did overheat, we just didn't hear much about it while the RROD/YLOD became, well, memes.

The truth is that all hardware requires some retouching as time goes by - early adopters often pay the price here, but without real mass testing it's sometimes impossible to pick up some issues, even when stress testing is very thorough.

The average hardware manufacturer will run a compiled application to stress test in a lab environment - they won't put the average "user" in front of the console, give him unlimited Cheetos supply and ask him to play games for a week straight. A lab environment has very little chances of duplicating the "user experience" as a large portion of users are dumb and do crazy things with their hardware because "it made sense at the time", and I'm not even trying to insult anyone, that's a well-known fact in IT. :P

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not questioning whether or not your Wii overheats - what I'm saying is that some early Wii's did overheat, we just didn't hear much about it while the RROD/YLOD became, well, memes.

The truth is that all hardware requires some retouching as time goes by - early adopters often pay the price here, but without real mass testing it's sometimes impossible to pick up some issues, even when stress testing is very thorough.

The average hardware manufacturer will run a compiled application to stress test in a lab environment - they won't put the average "user" in front of the console, give him unlimited Cheetos supply and ask him to play games for a week straight. A lab environment has very little chances of duplicating the "user experience" as a large portion of users are dumb and do crazy things with their hardware because "it made sense at the time", and I'm not even trying to insult anyone, that's a well-known fact in IT. :P
Still, PS3 and Xbox consoles tend to overheat more than Nintendo Wii.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
It's exactly something as farfetched as that that makes this thing believable. Any fool making up specs wouldn't put something like that in there (what's the use for that, I imagine? HDTV recording, maybe?).

I can't imagine HDMI in ever being in the final product. If these specs are real, and are of the durango system, they are based off of a dev kit. Which can even have different hardware from the official release. So I would imagine that the HDMI in would be something developers might be able to use, of course this is under the assumptions these specs are accurate.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
People do dumb stuff because they know better not to do it! How can you explain a gamer inserting a PS3 game inside a Wii console?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y u no post diagram?

durango_arq1.jpg
Hey, is that a picture of Windows 9? That looks like Windows 9.

Reactions: UglyIdiot

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Exactly my point. That much power will cause the console to overheat within minutes! What will be helpful if Mircosoft install a cooling system that won't cause the consumer to go broke.
My concerns as well. Cooling is exactly why I never jumped into the Xbox consoles -- they might as well be disposable because of how easy it is to fry their innards without even trying. I mean, who plays just 2 hours of a good game?

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I doubt most of this being true really. Seems like too much and way too expensive. I plan on getting the new Xbox but I do not want overheating issues like the RROD even though I was lucky enough to get an Xbox 360 that still works to this day. Also, wouldn't developing software for all this hardware make the game retail prices jump to around $100 instead of $60? The Xbox itself (considering these rumors are true) will make the cost $500+ easily and with games prices rising also it will take a small fortune to own. I wonder what Sony has up its sleeve, cause I don't see it being very appealing to gamers like Sony once was.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Wii had so much low specs yet no one complaint about it.

And it had such good games high quality consoles didn't.

Like what?! Wii Sports?
Let's face the fact, when talking about game variety, Wii is a negation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative