durango_arq1.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
DirectX 11.1 GPU? Sure. 8GB RAM? If it's cheap RAM, sure. 8-core CPU? Depends on the architecture - I mean, x64? Really? Why? For the devkit, sure, but for the final machine? Doubt it. VGLeaks doesn't sound like a site with an aura of legitimacy though, so it's just another rumour to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, put me in the skeptic boat as well. Specs-ulation is nice and all, but take everything with a grain or two of salt.

And since I'm such a trendsetter...

"I would not believe everything you read on the internet. It will set you up for disappointment or misdirected frustration. - Christian Svensson, Capcom"

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The hdmi input is what throws believability out the window for me...
It's exactly something as farfetched as that that makes this thing believable. Any fool making up specs wouldn't put something like that in there (what's the use for that, I imagine? HDTV recording, maybe?).

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If this console's processor have turbo boost, then it will be more powerful than my laptop!

Seems pretty unrealistic though...

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The said specs isn't really surprising. There's like 10 different sources with suppose inside info out there saying the same thing. 8 cores CPU clocked 1.6GHZ, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6x speed Blueray. Another thing they say 2/3 cores and 3GB RAM will be reserved for the OS. We'll see I guess.

Why DDR3 RAM, PS4 is hinted at to be GDDR5 4GB RAM...hmmm. Damn that's a significant difference if true it terms of RAM, DDR3 isn't going to hold up against that.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was thinking, why an input?

The only possible reason I can think of is so you could use the machine as a DVR type machine.

It's not that this wouldn't be an awesome feature, the issue is that the cost of adding this feature would be just too much on top of the BD drive and with the whole streaming media thing taking off.... The added costs just do not justify adding it.

Maybe one of the early specifications talked about it, and this is where this information came from.... If that's true, the rest of the specs also could be a bit off too.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, right. As Foxi said, devkit at the best, judging on the RAM.
DDR3 is cheap as peanuts, putting 8GBs in there instead of 4GB would change the final cost of 30 bucks or down there. It's a $399 console (at best) we're talking about, nobody's going to care about 30 more bucks on a price tag like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orbis ends up having 16GB. Y'know how Sony is with having overpowered, underused, expensive consoles ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2