Rumour: Sonic Generations and Time Crisis Heading to 3DS

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
medium.jpg

The joy that surrounded Sega's announcement of Sonic Generations — a celebration of the hedgehog's near-20 year career — quickly dissipated for Nintendo fans when it emerged the game is not heading to Wii, 3DS or DS. Don't give up on the blue guy just yet though, as according to an alleged Gamestop release list he may be speeding to 3DS later this year.

GoNintendo posted the release list that puts Sonic Generations for 3DS, as well as another currently unannounced title in Namco's Time Crisis.
Sega has given no official word on Sonic's next Nintendo appearance but with his birthday fast approaching we'll hopefully hear some news soon.[/p]

Source

Well I hope this rumour turns into a reality.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would be cool to see this on the 3DS. Maybe they could incorporate exclusive levels remade from the Game Gear and GBA games too?

Though I think this game will best be experienced on 360/PS3.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I agree that it will be best experienced on a PS3/XBOX 360, but having a portable version is a big plus, so I hope it becomes a reality
smile.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@shaunj66: Seriously, I need to know where you got that artwork from. Looks amazing
biggrin.gif

As far as I know there is a sonic game in the work for 3DS but it could also be something completely different... Gladly I own a PS3 but who knows what the game would be like on 3DS.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ugh, I read Time Splitters for a second there... disappointed :/

You guys ever think as to WHY it's so hard to make a good Sonic game now?

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
ShadowSoldier said:
Ugh, I read Time Splitters for a second there... disappointed :/

You guys ever think as to WHY it's so hard to make a good Sonic game now?
Because making that "perfect" Sonic game like the previous generations is way difficult for the companies, with all the hype about HD/3D nowadays and little regard to gameplay...right.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We already knew that Sega's working on a Sonic 3DS title before the 3DS was even released, so I suppose it's something that could've been expected to pop up sooner or later.

As far as Time Crisis is concerned...

BOOYASHACKA!

Although I'd prefere Crisis Zone 2, Time Crisis is perfectly fine for me aswell, thank you. Never enough rail shooters.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yay for Time Crisis! I love it! I really hope that this supposed game list at Gamestop has true information. as for Sonic Generations, it'd be awesome for his fans...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really see why people would get giddy over Time Crisis. It was fun in arcades but unless it's a real light gun shooter, it seems pretty useless. I wouldn't find any appeal in "light gun tapping" on the 3DS or anything else, really.

As for Sonic Generations, I'd doubt if it's the same version as the console Generations. But it could still be a decent Sonic game. Sonic Colors DS was quite different from Sonic Colors Wii but it still rocked.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't really see why people would get giddy over Time Crisis. It was fun in arcades but unless it's a real light gun shooter, it seems pretty useless. I wouldn't find any appeal in "light gun tapping" on the 3DS or anything else, really.

As for Sonic Generations, I'd doubt if it's the same version as the console Generations. But it could still be a decent Sonic game. Sonic Colors DS was quite different from Sonic Colors Wii but it still rocked.

Finished Time Crisis 1 and 2 on a PSX emulator on my smartphone and I disagree - Rail Shooters work perfect with tapping.

As far as Sonic Generations is concerned, it may be a very similar game on a "Lite" version of the engine - the 3DS is supposedly more powerful than the Wii afterall, it has *some* power behind it.

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand how can this be "best experienced" on the PS3/360...
So far (as in the last few years) the console Sonic games have been nothing but disappointing. The handheld Sonic games, on the other hand, have been quite decent.
Sonic works better with handhelds, I must say, here's a nice article I saw (which I totally agree with) of franchises that are better on handhelds than consoles:
http://www.modojo.com/features/20110509/41...rtable_systems/

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Varia said:
I don't understand how can this be "best experienced" on the PS3/360...
So far (as in the last few years) the console Sonic games have been nothing but disappointing. The handheld Sonic games, on the other hand, have been quite decent.
Sonic works better with handhelds, I must say, here's a nice article I saw (which I totally agree with) of franchises that are better on handhelds than consoles:
http://www.modojo.com/features/20110509/41...rtable_systems/
It's not that it works better with handhelds. On home consoles, devs try to be flashy so they frequently try to make the game play in a way that it shows the environments and whatnots of their engines. On handhelds, being minor graphical capabilities, they focus on the gameplay.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no doubt in my mind that Generations is coming to 3DS, I don't think Sega would miss this opportunity to port it.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i hope it does,
lol i think this is gonna be th e1st 3ds game that was only released for it , 360, & ps3.
lol kinda like some games were made for DS, 360, & ps3, but not wii like the assasins creed games, & ninja gaiden games, gta.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. I'm excited, but it'll probably become another example of the Sonic Effect

Game looks awesome in trailer-> Hyped up ->Bad reviews ->big dissapointment

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.