Rumour: Sonic Generations and Time Crisis Heading to 3DS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by SamAsh07, May 9, 2011.

1. SamAsh07
    OP

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    [​IMG]

The joy that surrounded Sega's announcement of Sonic Generations — a celebration of the hedgehog's near-20 year career — quickly dissipated for Nintendo fans when it emerged the game is not heading to Wii, 3DS or DS. Don't give up on the blue guy just yet though, as according to an alleged Gamestop release list he may be speeding to 3DS later this year.

GoNintendo posted the release list that puts Sonic Generations for 3DS, as well as another currently unannounced title in Namco's Time Crisis.
    Sega has given no official word on Sonic's next Nintendo appearance but with his birthday fast approaching we'll hopefully hear some news soon.[/p]

Source

Well I hope this rumour turns into a reality.

2. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Would be cool to see this on the 3DS. Maybe they could incorporate exclusive levels remade from the Game Gear and GBA games too?

Though I think this game will best be experienced on 360/PS3.

3. SamAsh07
    OP

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    I agree that it will be best experienced on a PS3/XBOX 360, but having a portable version is a big plus, so I hope it becomes a reality [​IMG]

4. rock7

rock7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2010
    Brazil
    Rio de janeiro
    it would be great if it were also announced for WII

5. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    @shaunj66: Seriously, I need to know where you got that artwork from. Looks amazing [​IMG]

As far as I know there is a sonic game in the work for 3DS but it could also be something completely different... Gladly I own a PS3 but who knows what the game would be like on 3DS.

6. KuRensan

KuRensan aka Pearbook

Apr 27, 2009
    Netherlands
    Somewhere in the sky
    >.< I love the 3D classic sonic [​IMG]
    I really hope it will come to the 3DS, would be awesome

7. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Ugh, I read Time Splitters for a second there... disappointed :/

You guys ever think as to WHY it's so hard to make a good Sonic game now?

8. SamAsh07
    OP

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    Because making that "perfect" Sonic game like the previous generations is way difficult for the companies, with all the hype about HD/3D nowadays and little regard to gameplay...right.

9. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Sonic Generations on 3DS, sold. The game has quite the chance to work in 3D for the modern Sonic stages.

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    We already knew that Sega's working on a Sonic 3DS title before the 3DS was even released, so I suppose it's something that could've been expected to pop up sooner or later.

As far as Time Crisis is concerned...

BOOYASHACKA!

Although I'd prefere Crisis Zone 2, Time Crisis is perfectly fine for me aswell, thank you. Never enough rail shooters.

11. syko5150

syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    California
  12. MigueelDnd

MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2010
    United States
    Yes
    Yay for Time Crisis! I love it! I really hope that this supposed game list at Gamestop has true information. as for Sonic Generations, it'd be awesome for his fans...

13. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I don't really see why people would get giddy over Time Crisis. It was fun in arcades but unless it's a real light gun shooter, it seems pretty useless. I wouldn't find any appeal in "light gun tapping" on the 3DS or anything else, really.

As for Sonic Generations, I'd doubt if it's the same version as the console Generations. But it could still be a decent Sonic game. Sonic Colors DS was quite different from Sonic Colors Wii but it still rocked.

14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Finished Time Crisis 1 and 2 on a PSX emulator on my smartphone and I disagree - Rail Shooters work perfect with tapping.

As far as Sonic Generations is concerned, it may be a very similar game on a "Lite" version of the engine - the 3DS is supposedly more powerful than the Wii afterall, it has *some* power behind it.

15. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    we saw a recent new gen sonic game, i think they want to make ppl dizzy with their circular tracks and hide speeds. 3d for features... unlikely, mostly for looking good graphically.

16. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    I don't understand how can this be "best experienced" on the PS3/360...
    So far (as in the last few years) the console Sonic games have been nothing but disappointing. The handheld Sonic games, on the other hand, have been quite decent.
    Sonic works better with handhelds, I must say, here's a nice article I saw (which I totally agree with) of franchises that are better on handhelds than consoles:
    http://www.modojo.com/features/20110509/41...rtable_systems/

17. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    It's not that it works better with handhelds. On home consoles, devs try to be flashy so they frequently try to make the game play in a way that it shows the environments and whatnots of their engines. On handhelds, being minor graphical capabilities, they focus on the gameplay.

18. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I have no doubt in my mind that Generations is coming to 3DS, I don't think Sega would miss this opportunity to port it.

19. T3GZdev

T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    i hope it does,
    lol i think this is gonna be th e1st 3ds game that was only released for it , 360, & ps3.
    lol kinda like some games were made for DS, 360, & ps3, but not wii like the assasins creed games, & ninja gaiden games, gta.

20. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    Hmm.. I'm excited, but it'll probably become another example of the Sonic Effect

Game looks awesome in trailer-> Hyped up ->Bad reviews ->big dissapointment