[Rumour] Crytek Have Crysis 3 Demo

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Hadrian, May 11, 2012.

May 11, 2012
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    One of those that could be true but then it might not be but apparently someone who has just joined Crytek claims that they have created a level from Crysis 3 on the Wii U just to see what the console can do.

Some details:
    Source is yet another from Neogaf, sometimes they turn out to be true, sometimes they're bullshit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37774590&postcount=7104

2. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Really starting to hate this whole "uses DirectX" for the Wii U and PS3 when DirectX is not only made by Microsoft (meaning that unless there is an agreement between those companies, those non-MS devices can't use it), but is simply a software connection to the hardware, much like OpenGL is. They may have started with a build that uses DirectX, but they are more than likely replacing the actual DirectX code lines.

3. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I don't get it, at all.
    Crytek has told us a million times that they have the latest devkits for a year or so. Its absurd that they have all of that just to make a tech-demo.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    While devkits are out of the reach of normal people, it's not like they're the crown jewels. It's not unthinkable that a big-name company would like a devkit in order to explore the system, because it's not like they could do otherwise nearly as well without it.

5. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    It's already confirmed that Crytek UK has a devkit (they're making Homefront 2). But no one said that they were crown jewels?

This is why I think the rumour is bullshit. They can easily stream a simple image to the controller and have it not take any power at all.

Oh and this rumour isn't actually from Neogaf. It's translated by a guy there but it's from some Italian forum.

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I was responding to the post above me, which stated the idea of them having a dev kit to do a test demo absurd.

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...the thing with a rumor like this is that there is no way to ever find out if it's true or not. Well, not unless some official admits it.

I'd say it looks likely. They have the devkit, so why the hell WOULDN'T they see what kind of experience they could come up with? And I don't see how it is absurd "just to make a tech demo". This kind of experiment is a great way to check how much effort making a port would be or how good the results would be. The reason they don't go public with the positieve result is probably because they first want to see how many people actually buy the damn thing. After all, it's no use spending a heap of cash to create a 3D shooter if there aren't enough potential gamers who want to buy the damn thing.
    (let's be honest: the video of last year's E3 show didn't put much effort in appealing to hardcore gamers).