Rumor:Wii U to be priced at $299

D

Deleted User

Oh Herro Guise, I'm Sarroru Irrarra, here I present Wii Ruu, $299. Controller is extrrra $199 Brrrrr.
On a serious note, it's decent pricing

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh and you aren't supposed to sit 5 inches from a big screen TV. If you sit at a realistic distance, yeah, games look gorgeous on a console if done right. FF13 looks fantastic. Could it look even better on a PC assuming you hooked it up to a huge TV? Of course, but that's because you pay more for it to do so.

But that's why people think 4k resolutions are needed. They've got to have that detail at 5 inches from the screen.
well they can forget about it 4k gaming won't happen not in this decade!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and you aren't supposed to sit 5 inches from a big screen TV. If you sit at a realistic distance, yeah, games look gorgeous on a console if done right. FF13 looks fantastic. Could it look even better on a PC assuming you hooked it up to a huge TV? Of course, but that's because you pay more for it to do so.

But that's why people think 4k resolutions are needed. They've got to have that detail at 5 inches from the screen.
Actually its rumored that the PS4 will support 4k, but that remains to be seen since it is just a rumor.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Actually its rumored that the PS4 will support 4k
pc can't even do it so how in the hell will a console? not gowna happen :P

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so it will be £300 in the uk then, great, so a expensive console, and ports of ps3 and xbox 360 games at launch priced more than it's ps3/xbox 360 counterpart, nice start nintendo ¬_¬

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think $299 is so bad. But honestly I don't see myself buying it until 2 years or more after launch.

I know the kids will not be happy, but honestly do we need anymore gaming systems?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To my understanding, Wii U is not next generation but Wii Successor to be compete against the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3. I dont see if Wii U will won the competitive because of Sony and Microsoft will release their next-gen powerful consoles in 2013 unless Nintendo has a plan for Wii U to be against the next-gen consoles as well. *CONFUSED*

What? Wii U is completely next generation, what the hell are you talking about?
Well, it certainly will be next generation, but Sony did say that they'd be supporting the PS3 for a couple of more good years thanks to PS Move...

So? Sony doesn't decide when the next generation is.

Reactions: 1 person

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... $200 for the console
$99 for a semi like tablet that allows you to play your console games without your tv and "maybe" has some of the features of an ipad, but that you can only use indoors
seems fair to me

But jesus if you wanna bitch, move to Brazil. Their launch wii was apparently $1440 USD.
I payed mine US$400 last year... can I bitch about it?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$99 for a semi like tablet that allows you to play your console games without your tv and "maybe" has some of the features of an ipad, but that you can only use indoors
seems fair to me

It has all the features of an iPad minus everything that actually makes an iPad. This controller really isn't much of a tablet as much as it is a big controller with a touchscreen.

Also, if it does launch at $300, it's still $100 more than a Xbox 360 or $50 more than a PS3. It's not a bad range but it's still reason enough for my to complain about it.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 360 and PS3 have been out for years. I don't know why they're part of this discussion. It's like being upset that the 3DS once cost 250USD because you can buy a PSP for 100.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if it does launch at $300, it's still $100 more than a Xbox 360 or $50 more than a PS3. It's not a bad range but it's still reason enough for my to complain about it.
It's a next-gen console, what can you expect? The 3DS was more expensive than the DS, and the WiiU is more than the Wii.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll buy if it there's at least 2 games I want to play that will be released in the upcoming 2 months and one in the launch lineup.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users