Xbox and Nintendo enter 10-year deal to bring Call of Duty games back to Nintendo systems

cdxuhkdfuhkfjikfds.png

The Microsoft-Activision merger hasn't happened quite yet, but Microsoft is making plans presuming that the deal will go through eventually. CEO Phil Spencer has announced that Microsoft and Nintendo have entered into a 10-year-long deal, which will see the Call of Duty franchise brought to Nintendo's platform. This would mark the first time the series has returned to Nintendo systems since 2013's Call of Duty: Ghosts, which was released for the Nintendo Wii U.

Microsoft has offered the same deal to PlayStation as well, who at the time of writing has not accepted, all while antitrust and government regulators continue to go back and forth over whether or not the finalized acquisition of Activision would be fair to the market. Previously, Microsoft has been incredibly vocal about not making Call of Duty into an Xbox exclusive franchise. Spencer also revealed that Call of Duty games will continue to release simultaneously on Steam for PC players, assuming that the deal goes through.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
When I first read the tweet by Phil, I sincerely thought it was a joke. This has to be a sharp jab at Sony ironically crying "monopoly". It'll be interesting to see how this pans out considering the state of the Switch hardware. We SHOULD be seeing a new system within the next couple of years anyway.

Reactions: felix.200

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can just see it, the fanboys been pissed that they have to invest in expensive memory cards in order to download the game.
I honestly never minded the memory card cost. I owned a PS2, Gamecube, and Dreamcast, and was okay with paying for the memory cards, because they weren't that expensive. Vita can fuck right off though, with their memory card price.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I honestly never minded the memory card cost. I owned a PS2, Gamecube, and Dreamcast, and was okay with paying for the memory cards, because they weren't that expensive. Vita can fuck right off though, with their memory card price.
yeah but cod games nowadays are 100gb+ some even 200+ with everything installed from dlcs and such. 256gb micro sd cards are still very expensive to only save one game lol

i can already see the COD physical release saying download code inside and micro sd card included instead of cartridge xD

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
yeah but cod games nowadays are 100gb+ some even 200+ with everything installed from dlcs and such. 256gb micro sd cards are still very expensive to only save one game lol

i can already see the COD physical release saying download code inside and micro sd card included instead of cartridge xD
With them inevitably cutting on quality, I bet the game size decreases drastically. MWII actually only takes up 60-70GB. So, they can cut it greatly.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft is going to run CoD into the ground, like they always do (just look at Halo). Sony has always had the advantage with better franchises, but I don't think it's because of any exclusivity deals or anticompetitive practices (they are guilty of those too though), they just know how to run a game publishing company better than Microsoft. Compare Sony's first party studios to Microsoft's. Before Microsoft started buying up all these studios, I don't think they even had any new IP since the 360 days.

When the FTC shits the bed and lets this acquisition go through, consumers are going to lose. They always do. This Nintendo deal is the only good thing coming out of this whole drama, although I'd say don't expect any quality ports (especially not on the Switch). When Microsoft turns CoD into a full-blown live service, removes the campaign mode, breaks matchmaking, etc. I don't think many people will want to pay $70 for a stripped down version of that on Nintendo's weaker harder.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Gronbar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Poland
When two fight, the third wins. Sony with that bitching about COD will end up as looser.
Post automatically merged:

the switch will probably get remasters* of the older games

*remastered by just changing the controls to fit the switch layout and changing icons, the rest of the game is exactly the same
Motion controls could be fun.

Digital_Cheese

Top G Unlike Tate
Trophies
Website
dc-blog.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 64bitmodels

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can bring over the old 360 games like world at war and black ops, those games are still great and will run on switch ezpz. If that's what happens this deal won't be that bad

Reactions: Marc_LFD

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When you want to stay clean from the "anti-trust" while spreading the cash grab/milk cow to all the platforms. Doubt ninty or sony will see any new bethesda games so soon tho, well they won't be xbox exclusive either, what a useless console lol.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Shadowfox1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft is going to run CoD into the ground, like they always do (just look at Halo). Sony has always had the advantage with better franchises, but I don't think it's because of any exclusivity deals or anticompetitive practices (they are guilty of those too though), they just know how to run a game publishing company better than Microsoft. Compare Sony's first party studios to Microsoft's. Before Microsoft started buying up all these studios, I don't think they even had any new IP since the 360 days.

When the FTC shits the bed and lets this acquisition go through, consumers are going to lose. They always do. This Nintendo deal is the only good thing coming out of this whole drama, although I'd say don't expect any quality ports (especially not on the Switch). When Microsoft turns CoD into a full-blown live service, removes the campaign mode, breaks matchmaking, etc. I don't think many people will want to pay $70 for a stripped down version of that on Nintendo's weaker harder.
Correction Sony used to care & run a good game publishing company. But now they are just as bad as Microsoft. Sony is dog shit now, all they are about is money while pushing mediocore shit now. God of War is the only good game I can think of right now. Besiedes that and MWII, sony doesnt have good games at the moment. I have all 3 systems, and I gotta say even though Nintendo is on their own bullshit too. At least they are consistent with quality games. While Sony & Microtrash continue to fuck us over with these games that have so many issues. on top of that we have to pay 70$ for this incomplete garbage. Microsoft will get Activision, sony needs to stop being a hypocrite, because the same thing Microsoft is doing, is what Sony has done in the past. Microsoft will not strip down the game at all, makes no sense for them to. All they care about is profit, just like Sony.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft is going to run CoD into the ground, like they always do (just look at Halo).

What...

Halo has been their IP since what... 2001? You think that if they buy Acti/Blizz they're going to go hands on with development? What's worse is that you think Microsoft is going to ruin what Activision has been ruining for the better part of the last 15 years? :rofl2:

Reactions: Gronbar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16