Rumor:Wii U to be priced at $299

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably just buy the old Wii when this comes out to take advantage of lower prices.
Only reason I want a Wii really is to play Fire Emblem outside of Dolphin.
If Fire Emblem comes to Wii U... Maybe.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
To my understanding, Wii U is not next generation but Wii Successor to be compete against the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3. I dont see if Wii U will won the competitive because of Sony and Microsoft will release their next-gen powerful consoles in 2013 unless Nintendo has a plan for Wii U to be against the next-gen consoles as well. *CONFUSED*

What? Wii U is completely next generation, what the hell are you talking about?
Well, it certainly will be next generation, but Sony did say that they'd be supporting the PS3 for a couple of more good years thanks to PS Move...

D

Deleted-188346

To my understanding, Wii U is not next generation but Wii Successor to be compete against the XBOX 360 and Playstation 3. I dont see if Wii U will won the competitive because of Sony and Microsoft will release their next-gen powerful consoles in 2013 unless Nintendo has a plan for Wii U to be against the next-gen consoles as well. *CONFUSED*
The Wii was the competition for the 360 and PS3. And the Wii did very, very well for itself.
The Wii U will be the competition for the sequels to the 360 and PS3.

I don't believe that Nintendo ever stated or implied that the Wii U was supposed to only be competition to the current era of consoles.

go ahead every1 reckons the next gens are going to have 10x better gfx, running at 4k and twice the speed of todays best pcs cpuz....NOT...GOING....TO...HAPPEN!
I never thought that the next gen consoles would have such clearly exaggerated specs. I don't know anybody else who thinks that either.
Consoles will always improve, but never exceed the hardware of gaming computers. Ever.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'm going to purchase a Wii U at launch. If it's priced at $299.99 that's a fine price, but I don't want one until Dragon Quest X or a Zelda title is out.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As i recall the ps3 has a 10 year lifecycle so its in approx year 6 atm don;t expect a ps4 to like year 9 would be my guess, Unless its forced my M/s the wii has a 5 year life cycle so when the ps4 is launching a New Console to replace the wii U will launch so its reasonable to assume this is a Competiton to the ps3/360 machine

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
meh, I will buy an xbox and when there is something that isn't ports on the wii u(and possibly hacked :tpi: ) I will consider to buy it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I hope it's region free, that way I can save $100 by buying it from America...
Knowing Nintendo, I really doubt the Wii U would be region free.

Price wise I think Japanese prices are too low and American prices are too high. My guess would be about ¥27,000/$269.99/€259/£249.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I hope it's region free, that way I can save $100 by buying it from America...
Knowing Nintendo, I really doubt the Wii U would be region free.

Price wise I think Japanese prices are too low and American prices are too high. My guess would be about ¥27,000/$269.99/€259/£249.
I know, but it would be great if they did, cause that was one of the great things about the DS.
I really hope that the Australian price is less/as much as the 3DS launch price ($350).
Cause If i'm going to be paying that much I may as well build my own computer instead.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always wondered why game companies don't give two shits about conversion rates when it comes to anything. 50 dollars for a game in the US, 50 euros in the UK.

Reactions: 1 person

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My guess would be about ¥27,000/$269.99/€259/£249.
The EU prices there are f'd up more than anything.. Unfortunately they may be the real price. The €/£ price ratio should be something else, otherwise everyone would buy the Wii from France for example. since they'd save about 50€.. :I

The price is a risk regardless of the WiiU being next gen. You could always say that the future is bright, but when the PS3/360 are priced around 200€, it does have a hard competition. If Nintendo made good online services and made NES/SNES/GBA/N64 games reasonably priced, the WiiU would have quite a big library at start with a competitive price.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why does everyone think Wii U is just a Wii HD, obviously they are going to offer more than that to differentiate from competitors in the current market, whether it's through graphics capabilities, advance network, unique new gaming experience and Nintendo themselves have said that. we'll see at this years E3.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why does everyone think Wii U is just a Wii HD, obviously they are going to offer more than that to differentiate from competitors in the current market, whether it's through graphics capabilities, advance network, unique new gaming experience and Nintendo themselves have said that. we'll see at this years E3.
The problem is that we don't know. And if we look at what the 3DS was said to offer vs what it offered at launch, the apparent problem is quite easily visible. Every console has promised lots of things, but the time to get the system working may take a good while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: