[RUMOR] Datamine potentially shows SNES games for Nintendo Switch Online

cd8271baa93d761c.jpg

Those that have access to Nintendo Switch Online are likely familiar with the included NES titles with the subscription. Though Nintendo adds a handful of new games to the lineup each month (Zelda 2 and Blaster Master are Jan. 2019's new additions) many fans have been clamoring for Super Nintendo games to also be added. While nothing has been officially stated at this time, it seems a datamine might have let the cat out of the bag a little early, as Twitter user KapuccinoHeck has discovered a list of 22 SNES games within the data for the NES Online app, which were reportedly added in the last Switch software update. The 22 titles are as follows:

• Super Mario Kart
  • Super Soccer
  • Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Demon's Crest
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Contra 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Kirby's Dreamland 3
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Pilotwings
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Punch Out!
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All Stars
  • Breath of Fire 2
This list manages to differ from what the SNES Classic offers, with Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man X, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana missing from what would supposedly be given through the Nintendo Switch Online service. However, these titles could be planned for future monthly updates rather than being rolled out all at once. Presumably, since the NES games have extra features, such as online play and save states, these would be carried over to the SNES games as well. At the time of writing, though, nothing is concrete, and the list is merely a datamine with unconfirmed information.

:arrow: Source

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oddly enough, Halo started out as a would-be Mac exclusive. With Halo CE being an Xbox (brand, not console) exclusive. So, a PC release wasn't exactly a surprise.
yeah but halo add like many other games the tage only on xbox banner and then it was rereleased on pc and other xbox models.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Broke: putting the thread that already exists on the main page
Woke: just writing your own and taking the xp/likes for yourself

Just a lil' bit salty

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep can play any of these anytime i want FREE on da shield. nintendo online is a waste of $ and huge failure since it's been cracked already with LAN play. once again they completely fail at online :lol:

Funny how the definition of 'fail' has become 'ruined by aggressive criminal activity.'

Like a girl in a short skirt was asking to be raped.

I'm not judging - I use flashcarts and what-not. I just don't think it's necessarily a "fail" when your systems are targeted by hackers like it's a trophy hunt and they eventually get a hit.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
what? wasnt sonic advertised as a sega genesis exclusive? wasnt he re released several times on all sorts of sega,sony and microsoft consoles?

same thing as halo on xbox and then re released on xbox 360 and pcs ...
No it was not said to be explicitly exclusive on written paper to be only exclusive to that console

Reactions: Kioku

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An announcement for this would probably be something for a direct right..?
Please..?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That lineup looks pretty good, if it is real that is. Certainly better than the NES lineup.
It needs to have at least one DKC game at launch or soon after though. Otherwise it would be a pretty big gap in the lineup.
No Final Fantasy or SMRPG at launch is okay as long as we get Breath of Fire 2 instead, love that game. And it should be enough to hold over JRPG fans for a while.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
how does ONLY ON XBOX does not imply the game is only for xbox??? and yes it was written in paper
9494-halo-combat-evolved-xbox-front-cover.jpg
Well i guess you missed the part where i clearly when it isn't sold anymore on the platform the legality of that changes.
As soon as the Snes classic stops being sold well would change a lot but at the moment it is still being sold so i still stand by what i said.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well i guess you missed the part where i clearly when it isn't sold anymore on the platform the legality of that changes.
As soon as the Snes classic stops being sold well would change a lot but at the moment it is still being sold so i still stand by what i said.
snes classic and nes classic ceased production in usa and probably other countrys too, and xbox was still a thing when it was released on pc lol

November 15, 2001[hide]
Xbox
Microsoft Windows
  • NA: September 30, 2003[4]
  • EU: October 10, 2003[3]

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Things change, both of these boxes eventually were updated after both games came out on PC and weren't Only for N64

Shadows December 3rd 1996 for N64, September 17th 1997 for PC

Turok March 4th 1997 for N64, November 26th 1997 for PC
n64_star_wars_shadow_empire_p_s8vgqd.jpg
Game N64-16-2__42969.1394708919.jpg

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
how does ONLY ON XBOX does not imply the game is only for xbox??? and yes it was written in paper
9494-halo-combat-evolved-xbox-front-cover.jpg
The Xbox 360 and Xbox One are still of the "Xbox" category. So it's not wrong. Usually (almost always) when a game says "Only on 'X' system" it heavily implies console specific and not exclusive to that platform entirely. So PC isn't out of the running. Some do opt for an updated version of the box art after a multiplatform release, but that's not always the case. Also, does "Only in theaters" apply as well as false advertising? Hm.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: kumikochan

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It is still being sold at the moment. Not in production doesn't mean not being sold anymore

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

snes classic and nes classic ceased production in usa and probably other countrys too, and xbox was still a thing when it was released on pc lol

November 15, 2001[hide]
Xbox
Microsoft Windows
  • NA: September 30, 2003[4]
  • EU: October 10, 2003[3]
Xbox ran on a modified version of windows so in that regard it was being sold on the same platform since Microsoft already anounced back in the day that they wanted to unify the xbox brand on pc and console hence why it was even running a modified version of windows.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Xbox ran on a modified version of windows so in that regard it was being sold on the same platform since Microsoft already anounced back in the day that they wanted to unify the xbox brand on pc and console hence why it was even running a modified version of windows.

I wouldn't say the original Xbox ran windows, plus a version was ported to Mac OS which at the time was PPC in 2003.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.