[RUMOR] Datamine potentially shows SNES games for Nintendo Switch Online

cd8271baa93d761c.jpg

Those that have access to Nintendo Switch Online are likely familiar with the included NES titles with the subscription. Though Nintendo adds a handful of new games to the lineup each month (Zelda 2 and Blaster Master are Jan. 2019's new additions) many fans have been clamoring for Super Nintendo games to also be added. While nothing has been officially stated at this time, it seems a datamine might have let the cat out of the bag a little early, as Twitter user KapuccinoHeck has discovered a list of 22 SNES games within the data for the NES Online app, which were reportedly added in the last Switch software update. The 22 titles are as follows:

• Super Mario Kart
  • Super Soccer
  • Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Demon's Crest
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Contra 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Kirby's Dreamland 3
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Pilotwings
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Punch Out!
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All Stars
  • Breath of Fire 2
This list manages to differ from what the SNES Classic offers, with Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man X, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana missing from what would supposedly be given through the Nintendo Switch Online service. However, these titles could be planned for future monthly updates rather than being rolled out all at once. Presumably, since the NES games have extra features, such as online play and save states, these would be carried over to the SNES games as well. At the time of writing, though, nothing is concrete, and the list is merely a datamine with unconfirmed information.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
why only counting exclusives? lol that makes no sense, when you pay for the service you can play all 3rd party's and first party titles, and yes nintendo doesn't even have 40 games with online multiplayer including 3rd party's and ps4 and xb1 got hundreds, just because you choose to remove third party's doesn't make it true.
Two reasons. One, the online for most third-party games doesn't interest me. Two, PC performs far better in those games and offers free online for them. Granted, not everyone has a gaming PC, but since I do, the only way I can justify the price of an online subscription for a console is if I play a number of its exclusives online. Since Switch happens to be the one console I do that with, and since Nintendo's online service is way cheaper than PSN, it makes the choice easy in my case.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Xabring

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Two reasons. One, the online for most third-party games doesn't interest me. Two, PC performs far better in those games and offers free online for them. Granted, not everyone has a gaming PC, but since I do, the only way I can justify the price of an online subscription for a console is if I play a number of its exclusives online. Since Switch happens to be the one console I do that with, and since Nintendo's online service is way cheaper than PSN, it makes the choice easy in my case.
like i said that is you, but most people dont buy consoles just to play exclusives, there is a reason why even third party titles usually sell more on ps4/xb1 than they do on steam.

so yeah you get much more out of ps4/xb1 subscription than you do with a switch one, i dont care about nes or snes games i got my wii,3ds,wiiu for all those if i ever want to play them, heck the best titles were almost all released on VC before so meh, online on those crappy nes games just isnt appealing at all, and besides mario kart,smash or splatoon i find it hard to even say another game worth paying for to play online, the rest of the exclusive games with online are meh at best, so yeah even 20$ a year to play 3 games is just meh to me.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
like i said that is you, but most people dont buy consoles just to play exclusives, there is a reason why even third party titles usually sell more on ps4/xb1 than they do on steam.
That might be the case, but PC is a big factor in gaming now either way. It definitely belongs in the multiplatform discussion. Doubly so given that you can build a decent gaming rig for the cost of an XB1X.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That might be the case, but PC is a big factor in gaming now either way. It definitely belongs in the multiplatform discussion. Doubly so given that you can build a decent gaming rig for the cost of an XB1X.
Since digital sales are hardly tracked on consoles, the numbers you see for consoles are only retail copies so you take lets say assassins creed origins all i could find is steam said sales numbers where between 1 million and 2.

ps4 retail copy's were 4.24m and xb1 were 2.45m all those without accounting console digital sales so if everyone was like you the game would have sold crappy on consoles because everyone can build a gaming pc cheaper.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ps4 retail copy's were 4.24m and xb1 were 2.45m all those without accounting console digital sales so if everyone was like you the game would have sold crappy on consoles because everyone can build a gaming pc cheaper.
I didn't say cheaper, the cost of an XB1X will only get you a midrange PC at best. The difference between PC and consoles is that the majority of the cost comes up front for PC, whereas for consoles it's the games and accessories that end up costing way more than the hardware itself. You get a lot more value out of PC in the long term between all the mods, discounts, free games, and modular upgrades.

Last edited by Xzi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't say cheaper, the cost of an XB1X will only get you a midrange PC at best. The difference between PC and consoles is that the majority of the cost comes up front for PC, whereas for consoles it's the games and accessories that end up costing way more than the hardware itself. You get a lot more value out of PC in the long term between all the mods, discounts, free games, and modular upgrades.
people always say that and it was true in the past but i can buy any ps4 or xb1 game physical way cheaper than any steam sale so i have no idea where people nowadays find cheaper prices on steam, i just gave up, go to amazon and ebay and i get a much cheaper game physically even lol

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
people always say that and it was true in the past but i can buy any ps4 or xb1 game physical way cheaper than any steam sale so i have no idea where people nowadays find cheaper prices on steam, i just gave up, go to amazon and ebay and i get a much cheaper game physically even lol
The difference is that it takes a year or so for console games to get that inexpensive. You can get just about any PC game on day one for half its MSRP. Even cheaper than that a couple months after release.

There's always piracy too, but that's a different subject I suppose.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Xabring

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The difference is that it takes a year or so for console games to get that inexpensive. You can get just about any PC game on day one for half its MSRP. Even cheaper than that a couple months after release.

There's always piracy too, but that's a different subject I suppose.
i never saw any AAA game that usualy sells at 70 being 35 on steam day one...
you can get 20% or more off on any game on consoles if you know the right online retailers lol

i got lets go pikachu at 40 day one and smash at 48 day one lol.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i never saw any AAA game that usualy sells at 70 being 35 on steam day one...
you can get 20% or more off on any game on consoles if you know the right online retailers lol

i got lets go pikachu at 40 day one and smash at 48 day one lol.
Not as common as it was before with Amazon and Best Buy doing that on every game, but yeah there are still of course deals for console games too. Again though, you're still getting much more long-term value out of a PC that can play all the newest games at 60+ FPS (instead of 30 on nearly all console games), high/max graphics settings (instead of medium/low settings on consoles) add hundreds of hours of content with mods, and play all multiplat stuff online for free.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not as common as it was before with Amazon and Best Buy doing that on every game, but yeah there are still of course deals for console games too. Again though, you're still getting much more long-term value out of a PC that can play all the newest games at 60+ FPS (instead of 30 on nearly all console games), high/max graphics settings (instead of medium/low settings on consoles) add hundreds of hours of content with mods, and play all multiplat stuff online for free.
i never cared about fps or resolution, i still play n64 games on my original n64 so yeah lol.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i never cared about fps or resolution, i still play n64 games on my original n64 so yeah lol.
I can still look at Gamecube/PS2 games without my eyeballs wanting to kill themselves, but that's not the case for non-2D N64/PSX era games. Didn't have issues playing them as a kid, of course, but the first 3D consoles were never going to age well.

Dukatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@Xzi play them right - on low resolutions, with scanlines, with crt, with grains, motionblur, and if you can - try on analog or maybe it's a good idea to try even interlaced mode. Enhance framerate with emulator, with good settings of it and drivers. [99% of what people seeing on youtube - is an over high-res emptiness, dullest & nude soap]. All effects described above in right combination will create a nice brain-catching image.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You're part of an oddly vocal minority.
i always buy my games if i like the gameplay i dont cae what fps it runs really lol, even on ps4 or switch i just buy if i like them lol i dont care about specifics, tbh i doubt the normal consumer will go and search to see what resolution and fps each game runs on each platform before buying, most casual gamers just buy the game if they like it and that is it.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really hope they add SNES. Definetly it's gonna sauce up everything and interest more people. Though, not gonna lie... Gamecube is still always going to be in the top of my list when it comes to "VC" or anything old Nintendo hardware related. Oh boy, i'd love to play Pikmin or Super Mario Sunshine portably ):

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else more exited for official snes controllers?
Ha, this is what I immediately thought of as well. $70 more for limited and temporary support for a small selection of games outside of our control, many of them already being on SNES Classic or old eshop versions. Still, I'd probably buy them and like it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope they add SNES. Definetly it's gonna sauce up everything and interest more people. Though, not gonna lie... Gamecube is still always going to be in the top of my list when it comes to "VC" or anything old Nintendo hardware related. Oh boy, i'd love to play Pikmin or Super Mario Sunshine portably ):

Snes is a given, I think, as it was their next console, and since NERD is at the helm, emulation will be pretty good :P Just hope they fix that one infamous mode 7 (I think) glitch in Yoshi's Island. It's some kine of mosaic effect improperly emulated with one of the BG layers.

Reactions: Vieela

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps